cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense .NET SDK - IHub.ExportApp Method usage

Hi All,

Has anyone used the above method in c#?

I understand the first two of the three parameters (targetPath, srcAppId), but am struggling with the third "ids".

The documentation states that "ids" (Type: System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<String>) is an "Array of identifiers. The list of all the objects in the app to be exported must be given. This list must contain the GUIDs of all these objects.".

How does one produce this - from the IApp class?

Example of abbreviated code:

// Load the app without data

IApp app = location.App(id, null, false, true);

// Save the app

app.DoSave();

// Export the app

location.Hub().ExportApp(destFile,id.AppId.ToString(),????????)

My reason for asking is I'm trying to programmatically export apps from one test environment for import into another without data. I can open and save an app without the data but have been unable to produce the collection of object GUIDs needed to pass into the IHub.ExportApp method.  .

Your help would be appreciated.

Regards

Stephen

2 Replies
Claes_Linsefors
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Stephen.

The ExportApp in the .NET SDK is intended for services running behind the proxy. To do "normal" export you should use the Repository API. You find the instructions here:

App: Export app (call 1 of 2) ‒ Qlik Sense

lisaobritzberge
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Stephen,

do you have an updates on this topic?

I'm trying the exact same thing and am facing also the issue of not understanding the "ids" parameter. Also found the "Array of identifiers. The list of all the objects in the app to be exported must be given. This list must contain the GUIDs of all these objects." explanation, but I'm not sure what to do with it. Tried to pass a List of IDs with all children of the app, unfortunately without success.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Lisa