Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mithilesh17
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

NPrinting 17 added Engine in web client remains Offline

Hi experts,

I have installed NP Server, Engine and Designer.

I have added a new Engine in NP web client as well. It is showing Offline. I restarted the RabbitMQ service and then restarted the NPrinting Engine service as suggested on below thread-

NPrinting Designer 17 cannot run as standalone program

But the end result is, it is still showing Status as Offline.

Any help on this is much appreciated.. sjw

Regards,

Mithilesh

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lennyvz1
Partner - Contributor III

I have also been encountering this issue.

This may not apply to your situation, but I determined my problem was that when I installed the Engine service I had spelled out the full domain name for the machine hosting the Scheduler service.

I uninstalled the Engine service and reinstalled using just the machine name for the Scheduler, and the problem was resolved.

In other words, just like when adding the engine from the NPrinting Engine Manager you can't use this:

machine01.domain.local

You have to use this:

machine01

Hope this helps

Lenny VZ

View solution in original post

2 Replies
lennyvz1

I have also been encountering this issue.

This may not apply to your situation, but I determined my problem was that when I installed the Engine service I had spelled out the full domain name for the machine hosting the Scheduler service.

I uninstalled the Engine service and reinstalled using just the machine name for the Scheduler, and the problem was resolved.

In other words, just like when adding the engine from the NPrinting Engine Manager you can't use this:

machine01.domain.local

You have to use this:

machine01

Hope this helps

Lenny VZ

mithilesh17
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi

I followed the suggestion you have given and it worked. so the result is Engine status finally reads Online.

Thanks a lot !!

Regards,

Mithilesh