Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

help with an expression

Hi

I have an expression sum(util_rate) which has value 0 and > 2

I need to have Xaxis with the stacked bars IDLE and USED(stacked with runi_devices values).

so for a selected filter , if sum(util_rate) > 2 then the device is considered as used or else Idle.

the is expression of count of devices.

Please help me , in giving the expression for idle and usage , or the best way to achive this.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

OK, I think I have it. Your data appears to only have a single target, so I added a few additional targets to make sure I was getting both Idle and Used targets, and that the targets were stacking within these bars. I did it like this:

Dimension 1 = =aggr(if(sum("AVG(UTIL_RATE)")>2,'Used','Idle'),TARGET)
Dimension 2 = Target
Expression = count(distinct RUMI_DEVICE)

See attached. Hopefully I've understood what you needed, and hopefully it will work in the real application.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

so i came up with am expression which gives the values i need but not sure how to segment them as a stacked bar chart ,

=if(sum(Avg(UTIL_RATE)>2),'used','idle') --- (dimension)

Count (DISTINCT RUMI_DEVICE) --- expresion

so i need to display idle and used bars(separare bars), segmented by distinct rumi_devices, displaying the count of rumi_devices .

Please help

Not applicable
Author

I would do this as a set analysis.

For Used, it would be something like this: Count({$ <Usage={'>0'}>} Distinct Rumi_Device)

For Idle, the Expression would be something like this: Count({$ <Usage={0}>} Distinct Rumi_Device)

You can stack them or keep them separate by looking at the Style tab under Subtype.

Thanks,

Aline

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

I need to have the above expression in set analysis , and the chart should display something like below, i am sorry for this but iam new to set analysis , i have attached an excel sheet for the graph am looking for , please let me know if you cant open it ..

I nee to have if(sum(Avg (UTIL_RATE)>2,'Used','Idle')) in set analysis i guess, i tried replacing the USAGE>0 with if(sum(Avg (UTIL_RATE)>2,'Used','Idle')) but i get an error,

[View:http://community.qlik.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/11/2235.rumi_5F00_scratch-_2800_2_2900_.xlsx:550:0]

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Please can anybody help me with this?

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I suggest posting a QVW with sample data in it loaded with an inline load. Looking at your Excel file, I don't see anything that looks like raw data. For instance, you already have column for IDLE and IN-USE, and this column appears to have been entered manually. You also have a count, but again, it's just a number. Nothing seems to be being counted. The answer is probably simple, but I really can't understand what you're asking, so I can't answer.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

how do i attach my qlikview file??

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

When you create a post, you should see three tabs - Compose, Options and Preview. On the Options tab is an "Add/Update" button under the heading "File Attachment". Click on that button to upload the file from your computer and attach it to your post.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here is the file

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

OK, I think I have it. Your data appears to only have a single target, so I added a few additional targets to make sure I was getting both Idle and Used targets, and that the targets were stacking within these bars. I did it like this:

Dimension 1 = =aggr(if(sum("AVG(UTIL_RATE)")>2,'Used','Idle'),TARGET)
Dimension 2 = Target
Expression = count(distinct RUMI_DEVICE)

See attached. Hopefully I've understood what you needed, and hopefully it will work in the real application.