cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rory_mchugh
Contributor III
Contributor III

File reloads successfully but I get a failure notification

I've got a file on AccessPoint that is set to reload once a day and I've recently started getting a reload failure notification every time it reloads. However, when I inspect the file on AccessPoint, it has actually reloaded successfully. If I manually reload the file it works fine (no failure notification).

Could it be a fault in the notification system? It's almost like it fails first time, then tries to reload again, but I don't think that should happen.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rory_mchugh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I eventually found out that my IT team had made a copy of our Qlik Server a (sort of sandbox environment) but hadn't disabled the reload tasks/notifications.

So the answer is: check where your notifications are coming from (it may be another server)!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Dear Roy,

You can check enable the document log from Setting -> Document Settings -> General Tab -> Generate Log

Also check the distribution log for more information.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
rory_mchugh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi thanks for your reply.

I've tried the log files, but can't seem to find a reason for the failure.

The bit that is confusing me is that the file has reloaded OK, but I still got a reload failure message.

The other files on the server are behaving normally.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Can you post the log files.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
rory_mchugh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I eventually found out that my IT team had made a copy of our Qlik Server a (sort of sandbox environment) but hadn't disabled the reload tasks/notifications.

So the answer is: check where your notifications are coming from (it may be another server)!