Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Server Issue

Hello everybody

I would apreciate some help from you.

I develop my QV application on my PC as follows:

1. I have one load application which generates the final QVD file.

2. I have another application where I finally show the dashboard and the information my company want to see.

I used to connect to the server to get a licence and start developing. From the beggining to the end evithing is OK, but recently we are having some problems.

When I copy my two apps and all my QVDs to the server and I execute opening the files those file run succesfully and generates the QVDs. When I execute from the web-app (where are scheduled in cascade) the load file executes OK but the final app fails.

I´ve got this message:

01-02-16 8:08:39 AM Error The sourcedocument failed to reload.. Exception=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component. at QlikView.Doc.DoReload(Int32 _Mode, Boolean _Partial, Boolean _Debug) at QVBWrapper.Document.Reload(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, Boolean i_MonitorQVBCPUUsage, Boolean i_Partial, Boolean i_ReadDocumentLog)

01-02-16 8:08:39 AM Error The task "Apps/Supply/Supply.qvw" failed. Exception: QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributionFailedException: Distribute failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.ReloadFailedException: Reload failed ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException: The sourcedocument failed to reload.. Exception=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component. at QlikView.Doc.DoReload(Int32 _Mode, Boolean _Partial, Boolean _Debug) at QVBWrapper.Document.Reload(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, Boolean i_MonitorQVBCPUUsage, Boolean i_Partial, Boolean i_ReadDocumentLog) at QDSMain.ReloadTask.VerifyConditions(TaskResult taskResult) at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage) at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult) at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

Please, any advice to solve this problem.

NOTE: recently, the Active Directory administrator made some changes about the permission.

17 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

And what part of your script do you have to comment out? Seems like it contains clues about the real error you're getting.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Peter,

Is not always to commet, It just making a minimal change to de code: It could be a SPACE, RETURN, COMMENT, etc, any minimal change which does not affect the script logic but the structure.

Example:

first run:

load field1, field2 from qvd; ---fails

second run:

load field1, field2

from qvd; ---success

In the second run I just hit on RETURN before from. By changing the code structure executes normally, finally, by executing from qv-web-app scheduled fails.

Not applicable
Author

Peter,

The changes were:

We all QV developer, who had R/W permission over the QV server, so we used to copy the QV and QVD files to the server; we used to publish my DB by our selves. (dev in our PC then publish to the QV-SRV)

Now, we are no longer enabled to have R/W, so we have to ask to the AD administrator to publish our Dashboards.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It looks like a timing error to me. Maybe someone is occasionally locking the QVD.

Are you sure no other reload is (re)creating or otherwise using this QVD during the first run?

Best,

Peter

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Another idea: maybe the administrator isn't publishing the new dashboard with the proper rights for the QDS service account to read a particular QVD. Once you open, change and save the dashboard, proper permissions are restored. Could it be something like that?

Have you checked for any file permission differences between a dashboard that fails and a dashboard that works?

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

No, it´s just one QV-app which is loading from the QVD file. No others are reading from it, and no other QV-app are running at the same time.

For this app, I have 2 QVs, one to generate all data and the other one is the DB, the final DB consumes a single QVD file generated by the first QV.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Peter, Thank you for your patience and your help.

I have checked all, everything, every single property, but all of them are similar to other DBs.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You got me wrong, or I didn't explain myself all too well (probably the latter, it's getting late overhere)

What I meant was this: imagine that your problem is with a dashboard called DashboardABC.QVW. Whenever it fails to reload, check the file permissions (properties->security). Then perform your standard trick to open-modify-save the document and check the DashboardABC.QVW file properties again. Any differences between before and after?

Best,

Peter