Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

vG.BasePath not reset in Init.qvs in 1.5.1?

We're having issues moving qvw:s from environment with QDF 1.4.1 to a new Environment with QDF 1.5.1

What happens is that the init.qvs fails on Call GetContainerStructure (vL.GetContainerStructure) however when I look into the log file I see that even before this that the vG.BasePath is still the old one from the previous environment.

When comparing the init.qvs between the two versions I noticed that 1.4.1 has (on line 59)

// Cleanup, Removing old Path Value

SET vG.TemplatePath =;

LET vG.BasePath=;

But in 1.5.1 we only have (on line 52)

// Cleanup, Removing old Path Value

SET vG.TemplatePath =;

Adding

LET vG.BasePath=;

to 1.5.1 solves my issue but I'm not really sure it this is the actually cause for my issue.

Has anyone else come across this issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi, I think this have to do with the extended Qlik Sense support, for this we have enhanced the InitLink.qvs functionality, used by both QlikView and Qlik Sense to initiate the framework. Try InitLink.qvs instead of 1.Init.qvs and validate that this works. We will try to find a way so that this problem will not happen in the future, but for now try InitLink.qvs:

Hope that this helps?

Best regards

Magnus

// Basic search for InitLink.qvs

$(Include=..\..\..\..\InitLink.qvs);

$(Include=..\..\..\InitLink.qvs);

$(Include=..\..\InitLink.qvs);

$(Include=..\InitLink.qvs);

Exit script when '$(vG.BasePath)'= '';

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi, I think this have to do with the extended Qlik Sense support, for this we have enhanced the InitLink.qvs functionality, used by both QlikView and Qlik Sense to initiate the framework. Try InitLink.qvs instead of 1.Init.qvs and validate that this works. We will try to find a way so that this problem will not happen in the future, but for now try InitLink.qvs:

Hope that this helps?

Best regards

Magnus

// Basic search for InitLink.qvs

$(Include=..\..\..\..\InitLink.qvs);

$(Include=..\..\..\InitLink.qvs);

$(Include=..\..\InitLink.qvs);

$(Include=..\InitLink.qvs);

Exit script when '$(vG.BasePath)'= '';

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply. The InitLink.qvs should exist as a hidden file in each container folder right? We have a clean installation of 1.5.1 and InitLink.qvs is nowhere to be found. Do we have to do anything for the InitLink.qvs to be created or should we put it there manually?

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi, InitLink is hidden in each container base folder. InitLink.qvs needs to be there else container identification wont work. But even if it's hidden you can still execute the script, just replace the 1.Init.qvs initiation with the one above. Best regards

Magnus