Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mohammedsleem
Partner - Contributor III

Hide \ Encrypt or protect script and buissness modeling

Dears,

I have one QVW that I need to make its script hidden totally from any user using the QVW or QlikView server.

in other words, all the script which I am going to write to load and reload data should not be visible, accessible or readable to the users using the QVW through any tools (server \ desktop) even this user is an admin user.

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Create a hidden script page (in script editor, go to file and select "Create Hidden Script" and do not tell anyone the password.

May you live in interesting times!

View solution in original post

11 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Create a hidden script page (in script editor, go to file and select "Create Hidden Script" and do not tell anyone the password.

mohammedsleem
Author

Thanks Onno for your reply.

So adding the whole script of the QVW in the single sheet of the hidden script is the optimum solution for hiding the QVW script?

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Followings are the different ways.

1. As Onno said you can use Hidden Script.

2. You can also use the Include function to load the script from text file.

3. You can use Binary load option which will not have any script in application.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
mohammedsleem
Author

Thanks Kaushik for your reply.

for the include function. the file path will be available in the script so getting the TXT file and reading its content will not be hard.

for the binary load. the QVW bath will be available in the script as well. so getting its path and reading it is not hard.

I need to protect the business logic form the customer himself. I don't want the customer to know how I can get my data from my applications.

I can see that the hidden script is the best solution till now but adding the whole script of the QVW in the single sheet of the hidden script is the optimum solution for hiding the QVW script?

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Just for the record... Isn't the business logic owned by the customer?

Plus the customer has no gain in destroying his own business logic.

mohammedsleem
Author

QVWs created on my systems deployed in the customer side. For many reasons, I shouldn't show the customer how we are saving data in the systems which considered as the data sources of the QVWs.

The idea is not to protect the script of business logic from destruction. the idea we have to keep it unknown to the customer in case they dig and try to know how we are getting the data.

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

I guess hidden script it is.

Alternatively, you could just save all your tables to QVDs and give the customer just the QVDs and a simple load script.

mohammedsleem
Author

Dears,

in Qlik sample "Sales Compass .qvw", you can see that there is no script at all. Even the hidden script not activated.

Any clue how this is done?

you can find this sample in your QlikView Server.

QlikHideScript.png

sasikanth
Master
Master

Hi,

Do one thing ,

Go to Document Properties--> security--> un-check the option Edit Script ,

So that Edit script option will be disabled and hence you can protect/ hide from the users .

One more thing if you users are accessing your app through Access point then there is no chance to see the script.