Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Application reload of

My client has an Qlikview application of 18mb and has only 2 million records(this is for 2 months data)  but the reload time is more than 15 minutes. Now I have to reduce the reload time so that the client can get the 1 year data into an application. we are using qvd's to load the data into application. Any suggestions and inputs?

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

You will need to provide more details - amounts of records and fields and which kind of datasources and transformings and furthermore release and hardware details. With so few data the long load-time indicated that something is wrong (maybe not enough RAM).

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Amount of records is not more than 2 million as of now. Data sources from Qvd. Hardware details I dont have an idea.

the requirement is in such a way that there is a column with distinct values open/o/n, 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, 2 months, >3months and with classification column of 5 distinct values for all 2 million records. the script is written in such a way that, it inserts a bucket "Total" with group by statement. and this part is taking more time when I checked the reload process. As per requirement we cannot avoid this part of scripting. so I want to know what would be the other options to lessen the reload time. Now it is taking reload time of 15minutes for only 2million (2months of data) records. But we waant to put entire 1 year data into dashboard which will take 90minutes(Guess) . Please help me with this. I dont have data as it is highly confidential.

marcus_sommer

Aggregations per group by load are in general quite slow compared with a normal load especially in combination with where- and order by clauses. Further the RAM consumption could be very high and if there aren't enough RAM the system will swap the to virtual RAM on hard-disc and will be extremly slow.

But even with 2 M records it seems rather slow. The best will be you provide the script and have while running the load a look on the taskmanager to the RAM. Very important is further it's a 64-bit qv installation or a 32-bit?

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hey Marcus, Thanks for responding and suggestions. Im enclosind a pdf file which has the script of the part which is taking more than 6minutes out of 8minutes of total reload time. Please go through the script and As per client requirements, it is not possible to change the script but the only option now left was using partial reload. Please tell me how to implement the partial reload on this script. Thanks advancedly. If not partial load, please let me know whatr are the other solutions. ! ! !

IO have series of images of script. and I made a pdf file combining alltogether. But Im not able to attach it here

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Naveen Chintala wrote:

Im enclosind a pdf file which has the script of the part which is taking more than 6minutes out of 8minutes of total reload time. I have series of images of script. and I made a pdf file combining alltogether. But Im not able to attach it here

Rejected that PDF (as it is not a stand alone document interesting for anyone outside this topic and contain hard to read pictures taken with a mobile device). No clue why you are making pictures with a phone of a monitor to show script.

Instead, I suggest you just copy-paste the script as a reply to this thread (as that will perfectly work and does not result in an 5mb hardly readable PDF).

If for whatever reason you do not want to copy-paste the script, make normal screenshots with your PC (not those with your mobile device of your monitor) and you can attach those by simply going to the "Use advanced editor" function in the top right corner and click on "Attach" in the bottom right corner. Regular screenshots will be a lot easier to read and the file size will be a lot less.

Kind regards,

Onno

Community Team member

May you live in interesting times!