Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can QVD Files can be used in QlikSense and NPrinting?

Hello team,

Could some one help me on below questions

1. In Multi-server configuration, can QVD Files accessible with Qlik Sense application? if so, what are all configurations need to implement?

2. Is Qlik Sense also generates QVDs? (its silly but just confirming with experts)

3. Can Nprinting is separate software? and can interact with QlikView and QlikSense?

4. How to Print Qlikview dashboard (full) in PDF? (apart from Report options, since creating printing report  through Report options requires additional efforts) or is that achievable by PDF exporter from Print option?

5. Can some one provide more details on Qlikview vs QlikSense?

Thanks,

Rajesh

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jagan & Martin to share valuable information.

One more question on your reply 3, so what ever end users creates either calculations or charts can't share to other users either through portal or .QVW with any terms (allowing governance settings to the particular users) ? I am asking since, the self service means end users should have ability to create/modify reports/charts and share with his client team.

Also, can we create different templates (like font, color, images and variables) based on clients standards, if so could you share any samples along with drill down functionality.

Much appreciated for your help and inputs and its really helping us to give right information.

Thanks,

Rajesh

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Depending on the level of permission (which you are free to set in any way you like), users, or a specific group of users, will be able to edit and share calculations or charts. This strongly depends on your use case but Qlik Sense certainly can accommodate any requirements.

In regards to templates, this is a bit limited in my opinion, you can create a custom Qlik Sense theme by defining your own CSS style. All you then need to do is to append /theme/your_theme_name to the URL and Qlik Sense will load your colors, fonts and much more. The biggest limitations is the lack of documentation in my opinion.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Rajesh,

3) N-Printing is on the road map for QlikSense and will be released soon.

Thanks,

Sangram.

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

End of 2016 and primarily for Stories