Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Showing totals when hovering

Hi

I know you can show totals when hovering on a bar chart. But my totals on my expressions are all divided by millions, so it you hover ot shows 121 for 121435000, so how do I show the full total while hovering?

29 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

have a look at the link below.

mouseover label

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Did you try with Text as a PopUp??

Properties -> Expression -> Text as a PopUp

Not applicable
Author

This works well if there is only one bar chart, but say you have more than one bar, how do you link the popup label to the correct bar

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

hi,

u can use

='urtext ' &Chr(10)&'Expresion'

Not applicable
Author

I have done this it works fine for values over a million,Most of my bars are more than a million, so I have the Y Axis as million values.

See attached document

The code for example is with or without the /1000000

if(MonthName=1,sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly),

if(MonthName=2,sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1,2},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly),

if(MonthName=3,sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1,2,3},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly),

if(MonthName=4,sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1,2,3,4},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly),

if(MonthName=5,sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1,2,3,4,5},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly),

if(MonthName=6,sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1,2,3,4,5,6},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly),

if(MonthName=7,sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1,2,3,4,5,6,7},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly),

if(MonthName=8,sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly),

if(MonthName=9,sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly),

if(MonthName=10,sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly),

if(MonthName=11,sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly),

if(MonthName=12,sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly),

sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly)

))))))))))))/1000000

Not applicable
Author

Not making sense to me, see the other reply I did with the Word document

avinashelite

Try with the dual() function

How to use- Dual()

Not applicable
Author

Not sure I quite understand where you want me to use it. I already use the Dual Function with Month name and Month number combined. Do you mean having a dual with the million rounded and the full value? We have to use it as our Financial Month are June = 1, July = 2, so I am forced to use it for ordering purposes as well, so I can order months by numbers.

My issue is more related to the following

When values are more than a million, I have the Y-axis showing the values in millions, but when I hover it shows the full value

But when the values are less than a million, I still need the Y axis to show the values in millions, for example 250 000 as 0.25 and when hovering it will show 250 000

avinashelite

I think your formatting the number in the Number tab? if so this situation is common , try to handle the format in the Expression this will be always consistent...

Do you mean having a dual with the million rounded and the full value?

Yes , I asked you to use dual function  for this type of formatting