Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Container Object - Unlink Crashes QV

Hi All,

This is the not the first time I have encountered this issue and thought I would look-up why this is occurring or if this is a known bug. Forum search did not return any useful posts so here is the problem.

I have container that has objects within it. I then copy this container to another sheet as I need all the objects, just want them to be un-linked. Each time I try, my QlikView application crashes.

If I however, remove the objects from the container and then un-link, no issue, so this is obviously only a problem with the objects still being inside the container. Can anyone confirm this is a known issue or experienced it themselves

Thanks,

Byron

3 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Obviously the second approach is the correct one, When I copy the entire container with its object, even if I try to change the names of the objects inside the names return to their original values.

Not applicable
Author

QlikView application CRASHES when I unlink an object in a container. Obviously I know now the second approach is the correct one but QV should not crash when trying to unlink objects inside a container. Wanted to know if this is a known bug/issue. The few posts I checked on the forum don't really mention this

marcus_sommer

I have experienced similar things and noted one peculiarity that's happend very frequent if this objects has enabled the feature of auto-minimizing or had it earlier enabled. I think there are conflicts with them (you could call it a bug unless it's somehow documented and maybe there are some others more).

- Marcus