cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guilherme_olive
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

QlikView license violation detected: engine will be disconnected

Upgrade Qlikview NPrinting 16 to 17 and this message appears in Qlikview Nprinting 17 Logs:

ERROR Qlik.NPrinting.Engine.EngineCore - ****ERROR: QlikView license violation detected: engine will be disconnected****

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Guilherme,

Please check the following to possibly help you install using your NP 16 license with your NP 17 license.

QlikView NPrinting EngineOffline status

Possible cause

A QlikView NPrinting Engine always shows "Offline" status in the Engine manager page.

Proposed action

Do the following:

1. If an engine goes offline a few seconds after starting, check the nprinting_engine.log file stored on the computer. The text QlikView license violation detected means that you have to activate a QlikView Desktop license for the Windows user who runs the service.

For more information, see the troubleshooting documentation at the link below:

Troubleshooting ‒ QlikView NPrinting

If you need further assistance, you may also contact the Qlik Support desk.

Customer Support

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Guilherme,

Please check the following to possibly help you install using your NP 16 license with your NP 17 license.

QlikView NPrinting EngineOffline status

Possible cause

A QlikView NPrinting Engine always shows "Offline" status in the Engine manager page.

Proposed action

Do the following:

1. If an engine goes offline a few seconds after starting, check the nprinting_engine.log file stored on the computer. The text QlikView license violation detected means that you have to activate a QlikView Desktop license for the Windows user who runs the service.

For more information, see the troubleshooting documentation at the link below:

Troubleshooting ‒ QlikView NPrinting

If you need further assistance, you may also contact the Qlik Support desk.

Customer Support

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
guilherme_olive
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you Frank.

I put the QlikView Desktop license to another user. I opened QlikView Desktop with the service user NP17 and NP17 now works.

With NP16 license.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Great stuff Guilherme!

Thanks for your question.

I'm pleased that I was eventually able to provide the right answer for you.

Have a great day!