Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Population Pyramid

Can anyone explains to me what those expression mean?

1. Sum({<Sex={'female'}>}Population)
  2. -Sum({<Sex={'male'}>}Population)
  3. Sum({<Sex={'female'}>}Population) / sum(Population)
  4. =num(100*(Sum({<Sex={'female'}>}Population)) / Sum(Population)) , '##.#'& '%'
8 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

1. Sum of female population
  2. Negative sum of male population
  3. Percentage of population that is female
  4. Someone displaying that percentage incorrectly. Instead of this, expression #3 should be used, and change the numeric formatting in the chart to percentage. There might be a reason it's handled this way in this specific case, of course.
HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi,

Hope they are fine expect the 4 th as John Mentioned. Can you elaborate and  tell what your are looking to see in the 4th Expression !

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

hi

PFApoplat.png

MarcoWedel

nice to see you posting again.

regards

Marco

Not applicable
Author

Thank you John

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Thanks! I'm still trying to find time in my schedule, but I do have the support of my employer for contributing here again. And I really should have talked about set analysis, as that was more the real question here. Thanks for doing so, balrajahlawat‌.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

The last expression has an easily-missed "&" in it to append the "%" rather than have it as part of the numeric format, so I believe it would show as 40.0% instead. Well, it looks like there's a missing ")", so that can be the source of some confusion, and what was really intended isn't entirely clear. I was thinking it belonged before the "&" since I think that would give the right answer, but if you put it after the end of the whole expression, then yeah, it would probably show the wrong answer, 4000.0%.