Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gustavgager
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

QlikSense Engine CPU Usage

Hello everyone.

We have a smaller Qliksense server installation for demo and internal applications. This is running on an older server with several other applications on it. Its not a producation server and nore of a demo server so that we could test new cpabilaties.

I have now seen for several weeks that the QlikSense Engine service is using 25% CPU (100% of one core. this server has 4 virtual processors) and i cant seem to figure out why. There are no users currently using the system and there are no reloads. So what is using that CPU power? Has anyone seen anything similar?

5 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Please raise a support ticket to investigate more fully. But my first pass thoughts would be this seems related to QLIK-47296, which is in verification but looks to be targeted for 2.0.8. If confirmed then the brief explanation is that an internal thread gets stuck in a wait loop.

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Gustav,

can you identify which task is consuming cpu? You could probably restart it then..

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
gustavgager
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

It is the Engine Service. If i restart it, the problem goes away for a while. But if i check it again a day later, its back.

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Interesting, probably a bug. I noticed some permanent CPU usage of the printing service which is also very suspicious.. I never printed anything.

Astrato.io Head of R&D
cocuzzan
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi I wanted to ask you if you have solved it or if you have understood the cause. we are going crazy.