Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Limit a Dimension to a specific Date in a Table

I have a table in Qlik Sense with 3-columns: two dimensions, and one measure: metricDate, AccountCode, and Count(Tickets)

However I want my table to only show records for a single date (there will be many rows for this date). I get the right date like this:

Max({$<IncidentCost-={0}>}Date(metricDate),'YYYY-MM-DD')

(Max Date where the Incident Cost value is not 0)

The calculation above works perfectly in a KPI - but not as a 'dimension limitation; for my dimension metricDate.

Is there any way I can use something like this to force the table to only return records for that date that works in the KPI? I'm assuming I need an expression for the "dimension limitation' but I'm not sure. (Due to requirements we don't want the user to pick this date themselves from a filter box - unless we can default the filter box to that date).

FYI: the KPI correctly returns 2016-02-14 (but it will change often)

Thank you in advance for your help!

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I guess this is the part hard to explain: When I do that the "IncidentCost" nested in the Date function is not understood by Qlik as a measure (although it is being understood as a measure at the end of the expression).

Not applicable
Author

I even tried putting it in brackets [ ]

Not applicable
Author

After playing with it for a while, I got this to work:

Sum({<IncidentDate = {"$(=Date(Max({<IncidentDate={"=Sum(IncidentCost) > 0"}>}IncidentDate), 'M/D/YYYY'))"}>} IncidentCost)

Thank you for your help.

sunny_talwar

Yay!!!!