Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Workbench in a Active Directory environment

Hi,

We have a qlikviewserver, a Publisher and a webserver.

We host a website on the webserver where a mashup of different qlikview objects from several qlikviewdocuments are rendered using Workbench. (Div integration) It worked great on our local system that does not use a Active directory.

I use the QProx.aspx file so I don't get CORS problems, it works great.

When I put the Project on our clients servers that has an Active Directory and uses Windows authentication the problems appeared.

"You do not have access to this document." The qlikview server did not get any user information to authenticate.

So I tried using webtickets, but if I wanted to use webtickets I had to use DMS instead of NTFS but I am not allowed to change to DMS.

Is there at way to solve my problem?

Server - Publisher - web server - Workbench - Windows Authentication

All these things must be able to work together.

Thankful for all help I can get!

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Can you share a piece of code where you use QProx.aspx?

rospigliosi
Creator
Creator

Hi have the same problem, but I found the solution by modifying the QProxy.aspx:

string user = GetUserName();

HttpResponse response = Context.Response;

response.ClearContent();

string proxyUrl = GetProxyUrl(Request, user);

if (proxyUrl == string.Empty) return;

HttpWebRequest request = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(proxyUrl);

request.Method = Context.Request.HttpMethod;

request.PreAuthenticate = true;

string password = ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["password"];

NetworkCredential networkCredential = new NetworkCredential(user, password);

// Associate the 'NetworkCredential' object with the 'WebRequest' object.

request.Credentials = networkCredential;

//request.UseDefaultCredentials = true;

//request.Credentials = CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;

Not applicable
Author

Hi guys,

I found the cause of my problem when I was reading about the tool for qlikview and share point, webparts. When using workbench on a site published on a web server there are problems with windows authentication. The client enter the web site which in turn gets the objects from qlikview. But this causes multi hop authentication, client computer -> web server -> qlikview. Which windows doesn't allow. So the qlikview server can't authenticate you. You could try to use something other than windows authentication on the qlikview server, but I did not have the time to test this. I just used iframes and singleobject.html. Not as responsive but good enough. Hope you find the answer to your problem!