Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AH
Creator III
Creator III

Date with string problem

Hi,

I have a Month column that contains Months value Like this 'January', 'February' and so on. I have a Year field that contains Year Value Like this '2014', '2015' and so on.

I would like to tie this two column and make a date field and then calculate the max date from this field.

The problem is when i concatenate this two field and make one date field i cant calculate max date from that date field. I think the reason behind is, i am concatenating string and number.

Could anyone help me out this problem?

Thanks,

Ahmed100

16 Replies
AH
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Sunny,

It could be my mistake i am not sure though. When i saw a notification for the first time i clicked and Johns post showed up so i thought he is the first person replied to the post. And when i replied to him the page get refreshed and then i saw your two post before Johns post.

Thanks & regards,

ahmed100

sunny_talwar

Its all good ahmed .

Anonymous
Not applicable

MakeDate(Year, Num(Month(Date#(Month, 'MMMM'))), 1) as Date; try this one it is working

AH
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Guys, I am having a little trouble calculating Previous Year sales and Year over Year Sales. In the set analysis, Previous year sales calculation I am using a variable (vPreviousYear) which is basically (Current/Max Year - 1) and also trying to use Month in that set analysis but its not working.

My Calculation is for Previous Year: sum({<[Year]={$(vPreviousYear)}, [Month]={<=$(vMaxMonth)}>} Sales)

This calculation will basically help me to select and Year and month and get the value of Current selected Year and Month value and also for the Previous year sales value for the same month.

Please find attach file and let me know if you have any question.

Thanks,

ahmed100

sunny_talwar

Is this what you are looking for:

Capture.PNG

Expressions:

=Sum(Sales)

=If(Sum(Sales) > 0, Above(Sum({1}Sales)))

=[Current Year Sales]/[Previous Year Sales] - 1

AH
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for the reply but its not working when i select Month January and Year 2016. I should get January 2016 as the current selection and January 2015 as previous year sales.

Could you attach the application here?

Thanks,

ahmed100

sunny_talwar

May be this for your second expression:

=If(Sum(Sales) > 0, Above(Sum({<Year>}Sales)))

Capture.PNG