Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gabriele_marron
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

JMeter: multiple static selections in one field

I have been trying to use JMeter to stress test a QVS, by using this package.

It is pretty easy to select a specific value out of a listbox, for example:

static.png

Alas, I cannot understand how to select multiple (specific) values in the same listbox. Random multiple selections is not an option here. I need specific values.

I tried setting multiple "static selections" actions as the following screenshot shows, but based on the RAM used by the server, it is definitely not working:

multiple_azioni.PNG

Then I tried to use just one action, with a value such as "(Year|Sales Country|EAN)" (no quotes), but it does not work either. Nor a wildcard seems to select possible values (just for testing purposes).

I am not sure whether it is relevant or not, but the aforementioned listbox is set as "LED Check boxes", therefore the actual behaviour the user gets when clicking multiple values (with no holding down the ctrl key) is to add them to the selections, ending up with multiple values selected. Still, it does not seem to work that way when using JMeter.

Moreover, there cannot seem to be an action set a bookmark, just actions to create and delete them.

This is the version of the GUI tool that I am using:

versione.PNG

Session logs show there are actually is a connection by JMeter, so it should be working, but it is not.

Thank you for any feedback and suggestions.

Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi,

The tool will allow for one static selection i you specify the text representation on what you want to select. However there is a solution if you want to select multiple static values. You need to use ValueById and then enter all those id:s separated by commas (see below). To find out that id:s your selections are represented by, you can use tools like fiddler or chrome developer tools.

multistatic.JPG

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi,

The tool will allow for one static selection i you specify the text representation on what you want to select. However there is a solution if you want to select multiple static values. You need to use ValueById and then enter all those id:s separated by commas (see below). To find out that id:s your selections are represented by, you can use tools like fiddler or chrome developer tools.

multistatic.JPG

gabriele_marron
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you Sebastian, this is very helpful. Do you happen to know if those IDs are persistent over server restarts / qvw reloads?

How did you find out, if I may? The comma thing looks like an undocumented feature, is it?

Thanks.

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

The Id's are the loaded order of the data, and should be assumed to not be the same unless it's the exact same script with the same unchanged data. There are of course a possibility they are the same, but I would not assume so in the scripting.