Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

How to manage sales by month ?

Hi All

When i using QV to present YTD sales or YTD month close sales.  For example Now is Feb 29.

I can use the SET expression to present the sales.

1 Jan till 29 Feb sales. YTD month closed. by select month=2.

sum({$<year = {$(=max(year))}, month = {"<=$(=max({<year={$(=max(year))}>} month))"}>} $(ColumnDim51)/$(Columndim89)/1000)

1 Jan till End Jan sales. YTD month closed. by select month=1. using the same above expression.

When i using QS i can only present YTD sales or YTD month close sales. Due to it does not advise to make use of button to set month = 2 , I need to make use of 2 expression ,in order to display YTD sales or YTD month close sales.

As one thing i notice , from the demo program for QV , every page have month for user to click . where in QS design , it does not have month field year field for user to click the month and year they like.

Hope some one can advise me what is the work around ?

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

In Qliksense you can provide filters for Month and Year like we do in Qlikview.  Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try like this

sum({$<year = , month =, DateFieldName={'>=$(=YearStart(Max(DateFieldName)))<=$(=Max(DateFieldName))'}>} $(ColumnDim51)/$(Columndim89)/1000)

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

jagan.

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Jagan

Thank you for your sharing.

If you look at my Table 1 expression from you , when i click on the Blue buttom , it will display sales from 1 jan till 29 Feb. meaning it display YTD sales. from 1 jan till today.

But for Table 2 expression commonly use by QV , i can change the display of sales amount by change the month =1 or 2

My question is if i using Table 1 exopression from you , during 1 March , it will compare sales of 3 month for CY ( which is only 2 month 1 day. vs Last year 3 month.

Another example if base on your expression ( Table 1 ) for sales target it will display Jan till march, but for sales it will display 2 month 1 day since tomorrow is 1 march. which is not fare compare.

So i need to change your expression ( table 1 ) to YTD month close ( jan till Feb ) .

Enclosed my QV Doc

Paul

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try like this, Since Feb 2016 (Tomorrow it will be closed) is not closed yet, so the below expressions will calculate for Jan1 to Jan31.  Is that OK?

LY:

money(

Sum({<Year=, Quarter=, Month=, Date={'>=$(=YearStart(Today(), -1))<=$(=Addyears(monthend(Today(), -1),-1))'}>} $(ColumnDim51)/1000)

, $(vMoneyFormatK))

CY:

money(

Sum({<Year=, Quarter=, Month=, Date={'>=$(=YearStart(Today()))<=$(=MonthEnd(Today(), -1))'}>} $(ColumnDim51)/1000)

, $(vMoneyFormatK))

Regards,

jagan.

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Jagan

You are right , i need to make use of 2 expression , because some time i need the sales amount month close , some time i need the sales amount with out month close. This need 2 expression in order to achieve.

My question is in QS , usually most of the design , it does not have year and month field on the sheet for user select. meaning it only can use 1 expression so either YTD or YTD month close only.

So what is the work around in QS ?

Or i am wrong , in QS i should put the field year and month for user select ?

Paul

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

In Qliksense you can provide filters for Month and Year like we do in Qlikview.  Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Jagan

Thank you very much for your sharing. In conclusion QS and QV development should be same , and QS added with one more impt feature that is support mobile which QV does not .

Paul

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

FYI, QV also supports mobbile.

Regards,

Jagan.

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Jagan

Yes i do aware that QV support mobile , but i think it is not so powerful compare to QS , also for QV in order for support mobile need server version.

By the way Qlik are still weak in develop mobile app , i mean if i need to have all my chart and table on my iOS phone , only way is i have to use my ios phone log in QS cloud. may i know it is possible save all chart and table for off line view ? just like dropbox , i can view my dropbox file when with out 3G.

Paul

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I think it is not possible.

Regards,

Jagan.