Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

How to stop QV generate temp file like MFCD918.tmp

Hi All

I notice that QV alway generate these temp file , which occupy my harddisk space. my question is how to prevent it generate multiple temp file ?

big file.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Those files are created by Qlikview while saving the Qlikview Document, qlikview automatically clears those files once saved the file.  Sometimes this files may not be deleted because of some reasons.

Regards,

jagan.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think this are rather temp-files from dropbox (synchronizing routines) then from qv - try the same on a local drive to check the differences.

- Marcus

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

HI,

Those are  temporary file that creates while Qlikview while loading and compression application.

It is supposed to be removed automatically once task finishes, but this fails rarely and those files are not deleted after reload.

There is nothing wrong with it you can delete those files.

Regards

ASHFAQ

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Those files are created by Qlikview while saving the Qlikview Document, qlikview automatically clears those files once saved the file.  Sometimes this files may not be deleted because of some reasons.

Regards,

jagan.

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi All

Thank you for your sharing