Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raadwiptec
Creator II
Creator II

filters

Hi all,

Iam creating nprinting report using a chart with few filters. Now I would like to use my sheet2 using the same chart which is possible but I would like to use a different filter? is it possible.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
raadwiptec
Creator II
Creator II
Author

hi avinash

I found the solution ..the logic we can use the same object name. we need to add the table again with a different name and provide with a different it will work

View solution in original post

8 Replies
avinashelite

yes , its possible ..Try like this add the same object again it will get added like if the first object added a A then it will get added as A_1.... use the 2 object in the 2 nd sheet and apply the filter you want ..

hope this helps you

raadwiptec
Creator II
Creator II
Author

hi avinash.

Iam pulling the same chart twice in sheet one and sheet 2. I get the data similiarly based on the filter where should I add those filters?

avinashelite

After you add the object > on the bottom left you will see the Properties option (if its not appearing then right click on the chart click on properties) now at the bottom left you will see the properties option in the list  you will have filter option .

NOTE: To apply filter here you need to create the filter in advance using the global filter option and then you would directly call the filter

raadwiptec
Creator II
Creator II
Author

hi avinash

I created 2 filters

1. filter1

2.filter2

I choosed filter1 for sheet 1  but once I select  filter 2 in sheet 2 .Sheet 1 also gets changes to filter 2

avinashelite

check whether your using the same object in both the sheets ?? otherwise it wise should  not change ...

have to created to independent filters ?

if still the issue persist ..please share the screen shots

raadwiptec
Creator II
Creator II
Author

yes iam using the same object

yes I have created independent filters

For example : Iam using chart 1 (CH01)  in both the sheets but the filter I want to make is different

for example lets say .. the user needs 2 -3 reports in the same excel file

sheet 1 with Filter  for last 6 months

sheet 2  with filter last 18 months

sheet 3 with filter last 2 years

raadwiptec
Creator II
Creator II
Author

hi avinash

I found the solution ..the logic we can use the same object name. we need to add the table again with a different name and provide with a different it will work

avinashelite

Nice ..please mark the helpful and correct answers and close this thread