Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to disable dev hub on Qlik Sense?

I have a production (multi node) environment with rim nodes set up as "Production but the consumers are seeing dev hub and are able to edit (although they are not able to save it). Will appreciate help with this!

jog‌ can you help?

Thanks!

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Use a firewall to deny access to the url of the hub.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert for your response. I was expecting this to be disabled only for consumers and not for admin or developers. Doing this will deny everyone. Is there another way to restrict who sees the option?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Since you have a multi-node setup you can have another node for the developers and disable access to that node to consumers and disable access to the dev-hub on the other nodes.

There are probably other simpler solutions, but I don't know them yet. okg‌, got any wisdom to share here?

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

I think what you suggested is the simple solution.

I am not sure what the OP means with "Dev hub" though as all hubs are the same though the content might be different. Everyone has a "my Stream" stream as far as I know.

I would indeed suggest to have a "development" node on which your developers develop (in their "my stream") and have your (production) Streams be hosted on other nodes. You can setup your sync rules to do so.

May you live in interesting times!
Not applicable
Author

Onna,

The dev hub is same as workbench in earlier versions.

Both of our development and production environment are set separately with appropriate node purpose, but we still see the dev hub in the production environment.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I think he means this dev hub: Launching Dev Hub ‒ Qlik Sense

Not applicable
Author

Just heard back from Qlik support and currently there is no way to hide dev hub option even if the nodes are set as Production. Something they might include in future release.