Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using rangesum and above and below to calculate 12 months rolling total in graphs

Dear all,

I posted a previous post https://community.qlik.com/message/981234?et=watches.email.thread#981234, related to this in which I got a full answer by sunny T, by the way.

but I can't manage to adapt it to MAT calculations.

in my need there are 2 concerns:

1) being able for a period dimension in the format yearmonth (201501, 201502 ...) to graph the result of 2 expressions one related to the exact period and one related to the same period BUT last Year.

2) not just calculating the sum for the specific month and same month last year, but having MAT= 12 months rolling total... this is where the rangesum and above play a role.

can sombody adapt this working version in YTD in MAT PLEASE ?

I attached the working QW app with YTD expressions

I added also an excel to better explain what I would like....

crossing my fingers !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

I have put a condition so that you don't compare a 1-11 month number to a 12 month number. If I remove the conditions (RowNo > 23) you will see something like this:

Capture.PNG

As these circled part were still accumulating. Now you won't have problem seeing the data for VAR or TOPLA

Capture.PNG

But my thinking is that this TOPLA alone might look okay, but others are not very insightful. Have a look.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
sunny_talwar

Totally forgot about responding to the other post. What is the output you are expecting? Can you put that in an Excel file?

sunny_talwar

Can you check if the attached gets you to what you are trying to get?

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Sunny, almost there.

thanks again for your support. (We are not in the same time zone, so I come to you with a bit of delay).

I changed your formula for MAT LY just a little bit

=If(RowNo() >23 , RangeSum(Above(Sum({<Quarter, Month, Period, PeriodID, Year>}Units), 12, 12)))

rather than

=If(RowNo() >23 , RangeSum(Above(Sum({<Quarter, Month, Period, PeriodID, Year>}Sales), 13, 12))).

to make it short you saved me again.

otherwise the graph doesn't adapt with the selected year...will that be hard to include in the formula ?

if 2014 is selected the max period for MAT will be 201412 and the max corresponding period LY will be 201312.

this is no big deal !

Not applicable
Author

Actually, I have another concerned

if a product has no sales in the LY but only in the current year, then no graph is ploted at all -> no data to display.

this should be something to fix via set analysis.

The more difficult issue was the MAT that you did manage, Thanks.

can't wait to see your feedback.

thierry

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to point out a selection where the product had no sales LY, but has it in current year?

Not applicable
Author

Sunny,

uploaded a more complete version version (sampleQVMAT).

you will see productsTAR, TOPLA, TOMIX for wich the problem occurs...

sunny_talwar

Checkin it

sunny_talwar

I have put a condition so that you don't compare a 1-11 month number to a 12 month number. If I remove the conditions (RowNo > 23) you will see something like this:

Capture.PNG

As these circled part were still accumulating. Now you won't have problem seeing the data for VAR or TOPLA

Capture.PNG

But my thinking is that this TOPLA alone might look okay, but others are not very insightful. Have a look.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks sunindia‌.

I had to sort the period by text ascending in order not to have periods all mixing.

for me it's acceptable to have first 12 months cumulative sales increasing before the first complete MAT.

Which is important is that for the minimum 12 last periods the comparison is feasible and working fine. !

so again thanks !!!