Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhaskarsharma03
Creator
Creator

Listbox Search

Hi,

I have a listbox with Order ID's with thousands of unique IDs. Often my users need to search hundreds of Order IDs to analyse/export information. It's of course not easy to select hundreds of IDs in a listbox. I have therefore, created a small macro in Excel, which creates a string for the values to be searched, which then can be copied in the listbox for searching. The string looks like:

(12345|12568|12986|.....)

This however has a porblem as it appears that the listbox has a limitation as to how many characters you can put there (in my case it typically searches close to 100 records at a time).

Is there anyway we can make QlikView search as may records we wish in the listbox (or any other object for that matter, as long as I can select all the desired IDs)? As the search is performed by the users, doing it at script level is out of the question.

Please help.

Regards,

Bhaskar

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bhaskarsharma03
Creator
Creator
Author

Found a solution

I can use the string - the one I created with a macro with the format (12345|12568|12986|.....) - in an InputBox and store it in a variable. Next, add a button for search with Action "Select in Field" where search string is the Variable where I stored the string.

Regards,

Bhaskar

View solution in original post

7 Replies
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi Bhaskar,

You can check below link the Alternate way of doing the Mass Search

Re: Mass selection in list box and dynamically filled exclusion list

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you try with these option, might  be helpful?

see the attachment

bhaskarsharma03
Creator
Creator
Author

As I said in the post, this doesn't help, as the listbox has a limitation of number of characters (1024). So, it won't allow me to get everything I want to be selected.

Regards,

Bhaskar

bhaskarsharma03
Creator
Creator
Author

doesn't help

bhaskarsharma03
Creator
Creator
Author

Found a solution

I can use the string - the one I created with a macro with the format (12345|12568|12986|.....) - in an InputBox and store it in a variable. Next, add a button for search with Action "Select in Field" where search string is the Variable where I stored the string.

Regards,

Bhaskar

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Did you check that Link?  Re: Mass selection in list box and dynamically filled exclusion list

You can create one InputBox, Just you can enter the ID's (You can copy from excel and Paste it in your Input Box)

I think, we can enter more than 1024 characters..

Attached the Document

Capture.JPG

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

This is what i have given in the Link..