Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

The close button is not appeared when I reload the application with huge volume of data

The close button is not appeared when I reload the application with huge volume of data.

Can you pls suggest on this issue.

20 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi reddy,

Have a nice day

check the ""Close when finished " Option

The use is ,  when data  loading is completed automatically its is closed.

If the data is huge It will take long time.

If you got the answer, please mark the correct answer and close the thread. Thanks

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi,

Have you tried with small Inline Load in the Same Document?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

It doesn't appear perhaps because of an obvious reason - 'the load is not finished yet' . I guess you need to look into the data model if it doesn't finish even after some reasonable time wait.

Not applicable
Author

It has loaded all the tables and I waited til one hour

Not applicable
Author

yes it is working as expected for small Inline Load in the Same Document.

PrashantSangle

Hi,

try with

limited load -> check did you able to click close button ->

If you get it then check your data model -> do you have any circular loop / Synthetic key in your data model or post screen shot of data model.

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Not applicable
Author

Hi reddy ,

Try to load one by one table and find which table is raised the issue .

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

As tres says, the load hasn't finished yet.

There is one common cause for the script engine to run off after everything has been loaded: the creation of one gigantic synthetic key, which may take forever and eat all available RAM (thereby slowing down to a crawl because of starting to page to disk)

Did you recently add one more table to your data model? Does it have to many common fields that exist in other tables?

Your data volume doesn't seem to be that huge. You can use Task Manager to observe RAM usage and whether the QV process is still doing anything at all.

Best,

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In the QV Desktop script debugger could you do a limited load of say 100 rows and see if that finishes ok.

If ok then could you share a screen shot of the data model and the reload log file ?