Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense - Different set of colors according main or alternative dimension

Hi,

I have a line chart in Qlik Sense 2.2 that I want to set of colors for each line, if I have only main dimensión I don´t have problems, but if I put another alternative dimension then I can't or I don't know how set of colors for this new dimension.

¿Are there some function  to know what dimensión it's in use or another way to solve this issue?

Thanks

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Marcus, but this documents don't solve my issue.

I want to set custom colors by dimension. But now, with new version 2.2 also it's possible to introduce new alternative dimension, I know customize colors for main or alternative dimension but not for both.

Regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Ivan,

Did you try using the colour by expression option?

Thanks,

Sangram.

Not applicable
Author

Hi again,

I make a example for my question. On the sheet I have 4 bar charts, de top charts are simple and bottom chart are with alternative dimension.

With colour by expression option I know how to modify each color, but when I combine the two dimension in one chart I don't get a good solution. The bar marked with yellow circle should be green.

I'd want one funciton that can give me the dimension or condition necesary to choose one Pick or another .

The expresion  would be similar to:

if( ¿CONDITION?

Pick(Match(Class,'A1', 'A2','B1'),   rgb(139,109,188),    rgb(255,128,192),  rgb(163,163,163)  ),

Pick(Match(Group,'Group A', 'Group B'),  rgb(171,55,52),    rgb(153,181,96) )

)

Thanks

AlternativeDimension.PNG !