cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Filter Data by using a variable

(QLIK SENSE)

Hallo to all,

again there is a (hopefully easy) Problem I'm concerning of. I want to filter my data by using a variable. I've already read some threads about such a topic but can't adapt it to my problem, because i don't understand the way to use of $<xyz=...> which is often mentioned.

My Problem:

I have some Sheets. On one Sheet i have 5 buttons. Each button set the value of variable x to a different value for example 2012, 2013, ... . If i press one of these buttons, i will only get those data for example of the year 2013 (if i press Button 3). So i want to see only the customers who bough something in year 2013 in table 1. Or the orders made in 2013. I think you know what i mean. Is this possible?

Is it also possible to combine 2 buttons. If i use for example toggle buttons and different variables for each button, can i Filter customers, orders and the other data by 2 years so i get all data of e.g. 2012 and 2013 if these buttons are active?!

I hope you understand what i mean and that you know a way to realize it. Thanks a lot

Michael

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I already got this extension 😉

I choose the item "select in field" because that's exactly what i like to do.

I choose field "name" and as value "robert" but it doesn't work 😞 Did you try it on your own? Maybe I did just a stupid mistake using this function?!

Not applicable
Author

try without the quotation marks

Set_Filter.jpg

Not applicable
Author

Hello to all of you,

finally everything works fine 🙂

1. I recognized, that there is a new version of that extension. 😉

2. You can set the value to more than one item by using this syntax: (Robert|Hans).

Thanks to all of you trying to help me!!!

alextimofeyev
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Thank you, Andrew!

I was searching for "button" and this extension didn't come up in the results.

Not applicable
Author

Did this solution work for you? I can't figure out how to use that

abhi1693r
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

I was looking at a similar problem and wanted to know if a solution was possible.

I have a field with values 1, 2 and 3. When a user selects 2, I want 1 to be auto selected. Similarly, If a user selects 3, I want 1 and 2 to be auto selected.

Can you help?