Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Why isnt Qlik Sense 2.2 handling my dates in the new way?

I am trying to get my data to get the date filters into the data without having to create the master calendar function. The new update to Qlik 2.2.3 says the dates should be identified automatically and the new function should be automatically in place. But this is not working for my data. I have tried uploading both CSV files as well as Excel files but neither worked. Any thoughts or extra steps that are need to make this new function work?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

When Qlik Sense detects your Date-Field correctly, it autogenerates the DECLARE statement.

See screenshot. If you add this manually to your script editor, I would expect it to work!

Qlik Sense Desktop_2016-03-03_20-20-48.jpg

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Does the Data Manager recognise your fields as dates? (there should be a small Calendar icon below the fieldname)

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Does the csv file contain dates with the same date format as the default you set in your Qlik Sense app?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

For me it only works if I go through the "Data Manager" to add autogenerated script.

For manually coding in the Script Editor, it seems the Date-Fields are not automatically generated. You need to define the DECLARE-Statement in the script yourself.

Not applicable
Author

The Data Manager doesn't seem to recognize the dates. I do not have a calendar icon in my data below the field name.

Not applicable
Author

Yes the CSV files has the dates in a standard form MM/DD/YYYY. 

Not applicable
Author

I am thinking this might be getting closer to the issue. I have been able to get it to work with the data if I create a new app and add the data. But I can not get it to work in the data that has been modified in an old app that I had created before 2.2.

But I am not sure how to define the "declare" statement that you mentioned. So I will try to follow that path to see where it leads me.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

When Qlik Sense detects your Date-Field correctly, it autogenerates the DECLARE statement.

See screenshot. If you add this manually to your script editor, I would expect it to work!

Qlik Sense Desktop_2016-03-03_20-20-48.jpg

Not applicable
Author

Thanks  rvfigueroa, it looks like all I needed to add was the bottom section. Not the Date() piece.