Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matteogm
Partner - Contributor III

How to manage Active Directory users authorization on QlikView Small Business Edition with Publisher?

Hi All,

In our architecture we have a QlikView SBE Server and Publisher on the same machine. I know that Active Directory integration is out of the box with NTFS security. I know that with QlikView SBE without Publisher the security has to be managed directly on the folder security properties tab, but this is not the case.

How can we manage Active Directory users authentication and document authorization?

Could you help me to find out main passages to manage the scenario described above?

Many thanks.

Regards,

Matteo

5 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you have a Publisher license, will will find a Distribute tab in each task definition that allows you to distribute to specific AD users. QlikView Publisher will then do the necessary NTFS permission manipulations whenever it has to reload and distribute a specific document.

matteogm
Author

Thank you Peter.

Does Publisher have visibility to the complete list of Active Directory's users? No configuration need?

Thanks.

Regards

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The Publisher (aka QlikView Distribution Service) has no clue about where to find valid user definitions. Nor does any other QlikView service, except ... for the DSC or Directory Service Connector. That service is able to make contact with any Directory Service you configure in the QMC. So whenever the Publisher needs to configure users for distribution, it will ask the DSC to provide a list of users in one or all configured directories.

That's mostly why in QMC the user selection dialog is always the same.

To configure Directory Service connections, expand QMC->System->Setup->Directory Service Connectors->Your DSC and select the Directory Service category that matches yours (for example AD). Then add or configure a new entry for a particular directory or domain. You can define as many as you like.

Best,

Peter

matteogm
Author

Many Thanks Peter for your clarification.

Consider the following scenario:

-QlikView Server Small Business Edition and QlikView Publisher on the same machine. This machine is not on Active Directory domain but it can reach Active Directory's machine -> Only local machine users can access to the Access Point (Correct?).

By configurating DSC to connect to AD on QlikView machine, is it possible to allow also all AD's users to authenticate to QlikView Access Point and see documents according to the authorization rules?

Thanks.

regards,

Matteo

matteogm
Author

Hi All,

Can anyone help me about question above?

Many thanks.

Regards,

Matteo