Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Server wont reload document

Hi All

I have a document on our Qlikview 10 server that connects to Oracle to import some data and also imports some excel data from a network drive.

I can log into the server as myself and reload the document without a hitch, however, when I open management console and click the reload button it has no effect?

The Server services have a special user account for which the password never expires.

I've tried referring to the server manual but it has virtually no advice that I can see?

Please can someone advise on how to get server reloads up and working correctly?

Many thanks

Dominic

5 Replies
saxjonas
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Make sure your credentials on the Oracle side is correct. Is the account which runs Qlikview Server set up in the oracle database? If not, you'll have to add it or change the username which the server runs as.

Not applicable
Author

Hi, thanks for the reply.

The Oracle user account is different again - the connection is set up as a system dsn odbc connection.

Not applicable
Author

could it be because the server "Service User" doesn't have a user CAL?

Not applicable
Author

I added the special server account a user CAL. I can now reload the document using Qlikview desktop on the server but it still wont reload from the management or enterprise management console? It just changes the button text to abort reload and doesn't appear to do any reloading?

saxjonas
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Oh, I now see I interpreted your post wrong.

Make sure the user has rights for the specific qvw file. Right click on the QVW->Properties then check if the account is listed in the security tab.

Edit: And you could also check the log that is generated in the Enterprise console to see what's up. To do that go to the task overview, select the task and click "Show task details" followed by "Log". If it mentions something about NT Security/Username or something then it's probably that the account doesn't have the rights to read/write to the QVW file. Otherwise, please post both the QVW log file and the management console log.