Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boonhaw_tan
Creator
Creator

Qlik Mashup loading spinner while waiting object display in html

Hello,

I created a qlik sense mashup but unfortunately it take a while to load objects into html page due to huge data volume.

Would to check if there is any method to speedup loading process to avoid html page get stuck.

Alternative, include include loading spinner while waiting all objects to be shown in html and how to do it?

Thanks

9 Replies
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Tan,

I am not quite sure about a method for a load timer, but you surely have a waiting spinner to let the user know that there is something happening and will load the page soon.

And the default behaviour of the visualization would be to show up a spinning circle while its loading. Is this not happening with your mashup?

Thanks,

Sangram.

boonhaw_tan
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sangram,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately the loading spinner is not working in my mashup. The qv placeholder just show empty while waiting objects to be loaded. So try looking for alternative method, like track get progress and enable overlay loading spinner while loading is happen. Kindly advice. 

mashup_loading_spinner.png

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Tan,

Approximately how long is it taking to load the visualizations. Are you sure that its the data issue? Check the browser console if there are any other errors which are showing up?

Thanks,

Sangram.

boonhaw_tan
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sangram,

Sorry for late response as i was on trip last days.

The Mashup took around 40 to 1 minute to load all objects. Check in browser there 2 error shown as pic attached.

browser_console.png

ErikWetterberg

Might be a problem with the extension you are using. Could you try using built-in objects instead, just to see if the problem is extension-related??

Erik

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Tan,

As you can see , you are using Font awesome and that's using a web source. Instead I would recommend you to download font awesome into your local machine and ad it to your extension folder. This will help you get rid of these errors.

Thanks,

Sangram.

boonhaw_tan
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sangram & Erik,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I tried to font awesome and glyphicons into local machine but problem to get .woff2 still persist.

Any hint only happen to .woff2, is it something common?

ScreenHunter_125 Mar. 11 22.44.jpg

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Tan,

There could either be a CSS conflict , hence you might face this problem or check the folder structure of the Font-Awesome folder.

Thanks,

Sangram.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Sangram,

Is there a way to get a callback called when all objects are loaded and initialized with their data in Qlik Sense mashups?