Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Iterate Defined Days of The Week with Qlikview WeekDays

Community-

I have a script that loads data from an excel file with the days of the week as "Day" already defined as "Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday".

Table:

LOAD   Day,

Topic,

StoreTalk

FROM

[..\QVD\Table.qvd]

(qvd);

I am trying to display these days in iteration with the regular Qlikview week days so as to automate the process and not have to change the "Day" everyday to the days extracted from the excel file in the definition tab or use in an expression.

Please, any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks all.

Table.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I'm afraid I still don't understand what you want to do. What does "upload Monday(s)" mean?

Are you trying to fill the empty cells like A3-A6 with the value 'Monday'? You can do that with the Table File Wizard. See the video I posted here: Re: Reading from Excel sheet

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I am trying to display these days in iteration with the regular Qlikview week days

Can you explain what that means? An example would probably help.

Not applicable
Author

Trying to find easy means to explain this here. I have a file attached and a pic posted to show what the excel file looks like. I am trying to upload "Monday"(s) rows only when the day of the week is Monday and respectively. I hope this is clarify my goal or what I'm trying to achieve here. Sorry if that throw you off a little. Thanks

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I'm afraid I still don't understand what you want to do. What does "upload Monday(s)" mean?

Are you trying to fill the empty cells like A3-A6 with the value 'Monday'? You can do that with the Table File Wizard. See the video I posted here: Re: Reading from Excel sheet

Not applicable
Author

Test.JPG

I've had to change the Day in the definition for each specific day of the Week as represented in the excel file, so I was thinking there could be a way to automate this by replacing the Day with the Qlikview WeekDay function.