Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

NPrinting 17 - Server failing to install

We are trying to install Nprinting server but are hitting problems after the repository install. The install keeps on rolling back when trying to extract the MSI. Is anyone else having issues ?

Have tried multiple downloads of the MSI , multiple server reboots but to no avail.

Attached is the log file.

21 Replies
Not applicable
Author

We have the same issue when trying to install Nprinting 17 and have not found a solution yet. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I solved this by doing following

1. First I read the article at this link https://qliksupport.force.com/apex/QS_CaseWizardKnowledgeArticle?id=ka5D00000004MdoIAE
  2. I changed the access right on the folder “C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer” added "network service" with full control
  3. Then I tried to verify the RabbitMQ-service. I read about it in the article Troubleshooting ‒ QlikView NPrinting
  4. The RabbitMQ-service was not working so I run the following two commands that will remove and then install the RabbitMQ-service
    1. "C:\Program Files (x86)\RabbitMQ Server\rabbitmq_server-3.5.4\sbin\rabbitmq-service.bat remove"
    2. "C:\Program Files (x86)\RabbitMQ Server\rabbitmq_server-3.5.4\sbin\rabbitmq-service.bat install"
  5. Then I could verify the RabbitMQ-service with the command "C:\Program Files (x86)\RabbitMQ Server\rabbitmq_server-3.5.4\sbin\rabbitmqctl.bat list_permissions"
  6. After that I run the two installationprograms. First the server and then the engine
  7. Received the "Setup successful" message and could continue with the installation

Maybee this could solve your issue

francisco_rivas
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi,

I have the same issue and I've tried the solution before but with no luck.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Francisco

Not applicable
Author

Have you tried running the setup as administrator?

After it is rolled back, do you still see nprinting services in the services of the server?

Not applicable
Author

Hello experts,

I am having the same issue: the installation is rolling back after certain point (right after repository installed).

The account appears to have a proper membership (at least has everything mentioned in installation guide).

What else should be checked?

Appreciate any recommendations.

Leon

Not applicable
Author

Hi guys,

I have solved the issue .........

We had the %Home% directory as a mapped drive to a different server. for the purposes of NPrinting i changed the to a local drive on the server and it worked.

Check the drive it is trying to install to.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the advice, but I don't have any mapped drives.

QV experts,

I am assuming this issue should really bring your attention since it prevents install the product that been released just little more then 2 weeks ago and seems it is not just a single instance that fails.

Thanks,

Leon

Not applicable
Author

Leon,

Thanks so much for your post.

I have brought the issue to the attention of engineering.

Best

Aran

Not applicable
Author

Aran,

Sure, just let me know as soon as you'll have any update.

Obviously at this point it is a showstopper for nPrinting implementation within brand new QV deployment.

Thanks,

Leon