Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sibrulotte
Creator III
Creator III

GetClearPassword function

Hi,

I have my connection string that goes as follows:

LET STR_Connect = '[Provider=sqloledb;Data Source=$(SQLServerHostSecurite);Initial Catalog=$(SQLServerCatalogSecurite);User Id=$(SQLServerSecuriteUserId);Password=' & GetClearPassword('$(SQLServerSecuritePassword)', '$(CommonPath)') & ']';

CONNECT To $(STR_Connect);

Unfortunatly, the command line to retrieve the clear password does not execute, and Qlikview asks me for the clear password to connect to the DB.

my VB script to determine the function is as follows:

Function GetClearPassword(passw, currpath)

strJava = """" & "java"" "

strClassPath = " -cp " & """" & currpath & "\;"" "

commandLineToExe=strJava & strClassPath & " HubizCryptoHelper -d " & passw

Set objFileToWrite = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject").OpenTextFile("G:\Controle financier\SysFin\DEV_Qlikview\Finances GL\documents-tableaux-bord\logclear.txt",2,true)

objFileToWrite.WriteLine(commandLineToExe)

objFileToWrite.Close

Set objFileToWrite = Nothing

GetClearPassword= ExecuteShellProgram(commandLineToExe)

End Function

As you can see, I write to a log to make sure I have the proper CommandLineToEXE, and I do. Whatever outputs from there, I paste to cmd, and I get my clear password.

But the function just does not execute itself like it used to, and I don't know what changed!!

3 Replies
sibrulotte
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Update:

my collegue, sitting in front of me has no trouble reloading the exact same document.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Try executing the function from within the macro editor using the Test button. Create a testit sub and run that sub from the Test button.

Sub TestIt

msgbox(GetClearPassword('xxx','yyy')

End Sub

It can be easier to debug this way.

-Rob

http://masterssummit.com

http://qlikviewcookbook.com

sibrulotte
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Good cue,

the function doesn't parse out correctly though. I'll try to figure out how to script it.

Thnaks Rob