Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Set Analysis Multiple Specific Dates

Could someone provide me with the correct syntax for set analysis to only look at the 6 previous Fridays?

I know I can do Date(Floor(ReloadTime()-7)), -14, -21, -28, -35, -42 but how do I combine all of those into one set analysis filter?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure if I understand what you are saying.

Could you elaborate on this?

And maybe post a small sample QVW or the expressions you are using with some sample input records and your excel calculation?

edit:

If you want to exclude current date:

=Sum({<WeekDay = {'Fri'}, Date = {">$(=Date(Today()-42))<$(=Today())"} >} Sales)

Maybe you need to adjust the lower limit to >= then, to get 6 dates in total.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

sum ({$ <date={'$(=Date(Today()-7))','$(=Date(Today()-14))','$(=Date(Today()-21))'}>} Sales)

relace today() with floor(reloadtime())

sunny_talwar

Something along these lines:

=Sum({<Date = {'$(=WeekStart(Today(), 0, 4))', '$(=WeekStart(Today(), -1, 4))', '$(=WeekStart(Today(), -2, 4))', '$(=WeekStart(Today(), -3, 4))', '$(=WeekStart(Today(), -4, 4))', '$(=WeekStart(Today(), -5, 4))'}>} Sales)

Capture.PNG

UPDATE: You might have to play around with the third argument of the WeekStart function as in my script I have this variable SET FirstWeekDay=6; which might be different for you and you will need to adjust the $(=WeekStart(Today(), 0, 4) to make sure you get the Fridays.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I used your example to figure out a shorter expression using a loop. (Edit: changed to today(0). Today() is the date the document was opened, not that it was reloaded.)

sum({<Date={$(=concat(chr(39) & date(weekstart(today(0),0,4)+valueloop(0,-35,-7)) & chr(39),','))}>} Sales)

sunny_talwar

Super John

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You could create a master calendar:

The Master Calendar

Better Calendar Scripts | Qlikview Cookbook

Then it should boil down to something like

=Sum({<WeekDay = {'Fri'}, Date = {">$(=Date(Today()-42))"} >} Sales)

[Instead of Date field, you could also select in a sequential week number field]

You need to ensure that date format of Date field matches the set modifier date format and you may need to clear user selections in calendar fields that may interfere with the defined set. e.g. user selections in Week field (but also any other calendar field that may interfere):

=Sum({<WeekDay = {'Fri'}, Date = {">$(=Date(Today()-42))"}, Week= >} Sales)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have a master calendar and this seems like the best approach but how do I make 'Fri' current weekday?  WeekDay = {'=WeekDay(ReloadTime())'} ?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

WeekDay = {'$(=WeekDay(ReloadTime()))'} ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Trying this now but the average calculation is different than what I calculated in Excel.  Off my 1's and 2's on every hour. 

How can I exclude current date in this formula?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure if I understand what you are saying.

Could you elaborate on this?

And maybe post a small sample QVW or the expressions you are using with some sample input records and your excel calculation?

edit:

If you want to exclude current date:

=Sum({<WeekDay = {'Fri'}, Date = {">$(=Date(Today()-42))<$(=Today())"} >} Sales)

Maybe you need to adjust the lower limit to >= then, to get 6 dates in total.