Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qv_bazz_10
Creator
Creator

Assign a value from 1 to 5 to a button or other object

Hi everyone,

i'm trying to assign a value from 1 to 5 to a button or any other object and i'd like to insert that selected value into an "IF" expression i have in a chart of the same sheet. This is my expression now: IF([CG Risultante]<3,3,[CG Risultante])

The red value is now set in the expression, so i have to enter expression and change it manually. What i'd like to have is a reference to another object (button or something else) instead of the number to be able to change that value (range from 1 to 5) and consequently modifying the result of the "IF" expression directly from the object/button.

Example:

Button/object values allowed value: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5

I select 2 -> The "IF" expression will use that value (2) as first condition (true)

I change it to 4 -> The "IF" expression will use that value (4) as first condition (true)

Note that i can't add variables or edit the script because i'm working on a shared document with limitations, is there any other way to do it?

Thanks in advance,

Andrea

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarcoWedel

Hi,

like Gysbert already said, without variables and additional fields you're a bit out of options to pass a value to your chart.

However, you might be able to generate those values and to switch between them in your chart itself like this:

QlikCommunity_Thread_208225_Pic1.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_208225_Pic2.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_208225_Pic3.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_208225_Pic5.JPG

hope this helps

regards

Marco

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Saravanan_Desingh

I tried few things similar to your requirement. You can go thru and try from your side.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you can't use a variable and you can't select the value in an existing field from your data model then the answer is no. What mechanism do you have in mind for the selection of the value? Where do you select that?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
MarcoWedel

Hi,

like Gysbert already said, without variables and additional fields you're a bit out of options to pass a value to your chart.

However, you might be able to generate those values and to switch between them in your chart itself like this:

QlikCommunity_Thread_208225_Pic1.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_208225_Pic2.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_208225_Pic3.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_208225_Pic5.JPG

hope this helps

regards

Marco

qv_bazz_10
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Marco, your post was very helpful. Thank you all too for the advices.

Andrea