Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MT4
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

NPrinting Page on Multiple slides - Cover Page doesn't work

Hi there!

I am doing a PowerPoint report with a template having 2 slides with images and 1 cover page.

I have put the page tag on the 2 slides I want to use page on which is slide 2 and 3.

I have also been following the help - How to Add Pages Cycled in Multiple Slides but I can't make it work with my cover page. It works when I take it away and set the page/slide properties to 1-2, but as soon as I add a cover page and change slide properties to 2-3 it doesn't work anymore.

Am I perhaps doint things in the wrong order... I don't know and can't figure it out.

Thanks for your help!!

Regards
Michelle

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Cycle function will make one report for each of the values.  It does not sound like you want to do that.  I just created a simple project in ppt in 15 min.  I stand corrected.  It is not necessary for you to have a separate object for your needs.  You should be able to use the field name as a page.  See these attached documents for example.  You should be able to mimic this and get your answer.

Copy the attached 3 files into this folder   C:\test    You likely will need to make test and then run the NSQ in your Nprinting Client

Here is the explanation:

Cover page is on page 1.

I used the Year field as paging.  It only goes on the first of the range of fields you want to page.  If you don't want to show this field, change the font to the same color ( white ) as your background.

I added a formula to show the year on each page  Year_1.

There are two images and the preview shows you that both are paged according to your requirements

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Morning Michelle,

How are you bringing your page field into your template?   When you search to find it, are you just choosing your field by name or are you choosing the chart/object that includes your field?  I had this problem recently and found that I had to bring the whole chart in and then choose the field from the chart that I wanted to page on.

I have a 20 page report with a cover page and I have 4 paging fields that I have brought in and it works fine for me.  But I did have some quirky results before implementing the above.

Hope that helps!

MT4
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Mike!

Thanks for your reply

I bring the page in by searching the name (as in the tutorial). It is a listbox with units/names of different production sites and I want my report to have all object sorted per site.

Cover page

Slide 1 and 2: Objects for unit 1

Slide 3 and 4: Objects for unit 2

and so on...

I have tried to find the object name for the listbox but I can not find it in the list of objects for my QV-app. (Don't know if I understood you correctly here by the way...)

Regards Michelle

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now your issue seems to make more sense.  You need to have a correlation with your paging field to your image.  For example, if you want to page on a field in your list box, that field should exist in your chart object.  The list box is only there to let you select on the screen and affect the chart.

The field you are paging on needs to exist in your image or object(s).   You can make a simple straight table with your dimension you want to page on and a simple expression( count the records of each dimension).  Use that straight table object to be your paging object rather then just the field in your list box.

I use this method and I have 4 charts with images that each has the same dimension as the paging field.  When I page on my straight table, the other 4 images only display what is cycled.

When you place the paging object in your template, you can just change the text to white to match your background and it will not show.

Nprinting can not find objects that are hidden, so you need to establish your link to the chart before hiding it if you choose to do so.

Hope that gets you farther in the process.

MT4
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Alright - Thanks Mike!

Shouldn't there be an easier way of doing this in a powerpoint presentation? I can do it with the help of CYCLE but I don't want different reports for each and every unit. I want all units in one presentation and cycle over units (listbox)

PowerPoint with Nprinting seems a bit tricky...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would need to see a screen shot of your output to give you a better answer.  Do you have the ability to post a couple screen shots of what you are trying to do?  I am sure a few others on this forum would be happy to further help with more information.

MT4
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi again Mike,

First of all, thank you for sticking with me!

Before I post screen shots I will try and refrase my question.

- I want to produce 1 report in powerpoint.

- In this report I want to add  objects (i.e. chart.1, chart.2 etc)

- I want the objects in the report to be sorted by a specific listbox (i.e. Production site 1, Production site 2 etc)

- I want to start the report with a cover page.

The report will look like this:

Slide 1)

Cover page
----------------
Slide 2)
Listbox value - Production site 1

object - chart 1

object - chart 2

----------------

Slide 3)

Listbox value - Production site 2

object -  chart 1

object - chart 2

----------------

and so on.

When I am using the Cycle function I get 1 report for each and every Production site... and I only want 1 report with all the production sites represented in it...

In 1 out of 10 times Page function worked... But as I understand I am using this function in a wrong way since I do not have the values from the listbox in my chart.

(I can try with your suggestion of doing a new straight table in the app but since it is a customer application I hesitate a bit)

It is probably very basic but somehow I am doing something wrong...

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Cycle function will make one report for each of the values.  It does not sound like you want to do that.  I just created a simple project in ppt in 15 min.  I stand corrected.  It is not necessary for you to have a separate object for your needs.  You should be able to use the field name as a page.  See these attached documents for example.  You should be able to mimic this and get your answer.

Copy the attached 3 files into this folder   C:\test    You likely will need to make test and then run the NSQ in your Nprinting Client

Here is the explanation:

Cover page is on page 1.

I used the Year field as paging.  It only goes on the first of the range of fields you want to page.  If you don't want to show this field, change the font to the same color ( white ) as your background.

I added a formula to show the year on each page  Year_1.

There are two images and the preview shows you that both are paged according to your requirements

MT4
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you Mike! I can not say how much your help is appreciated!!!

I will look into your files later today and get back to you with input on how I get on.

Regards

Michelle

Anonymous
Not applicable

Were you able to get it to work to meet your needs?