Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
german_avanzato
Creator
Creator

Qlik Sense Sever - Its necesary Publisher for distribution?

Hi everyone, Currently I don't have Qlik Sense Server, but in our company exist the possibility to implement it.

One Question that I can not find the answer is if in Qlik Sense Server, it's necessary to have Publisher to make distribution task (like loop,reduce, distribute file/report, etc) or is a native capability of the Sense Server product??

Any information about this topic will be appreciated.

Thanks

3 Replies
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Avanzato,

You don't have to explicitly distribute an app in QlikSense. You publish an app to a stream and then you provide access to the end users to their respective streams and app. You control the visibility of the content for each user based on security rules. Bottom line : Yes its possible but in a different way.

There is no loop / reduce but you can implement this by combing the security rules and section access to achieve the same functionality.

Thanks,

Sangram.

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi

there is no publisher for sense ,

this capability is part of the qlik sense api,

it's not built into the qmc , so you'll need to program it by yourself

german_avanzato
Creator
Creator
Author

Reddys310‌ I m not full familiarize with the concept of stream, but Its not what I want to achieve in this moment. Yet its was helpful your answers.

RoiUser‌ So through the API, I can apply section access, for each company and save a different file in a different location for each one of them??