cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to let users write comments in straight table

Hi, QlikView community

I got easy dataset but that is just for demonstration.

I have users that want to see variance between Revenue and Budget.

But the user want to explain the variance for the other users which are looking at the same table.

I know that users can write notes in qlikview but I am wondering if it is possible to something else like let the user write in the tables e.g. new contract with big company when there is large positive variance. (see the qlikview file.

Or can I do something else? What do you use?

regards Darri

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

QlikView is not right product for this. However, you might want to explore some alternatives like:

Re: QlikView Commenting with Dynamic Update (no extension needed)

Dynamic Update - Simple Database

and see if that helps up to some extend.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi

PFA

Try with InputField

Input fields behave somewhat differently from regular fields. The most important difference is their ability to accept changes in field values, interactively or programmatically, without running the script. Field values must be loaded into the field via load or select statements. Each field value loaded in the script will create a placeholder for a field value replacement value.

Only existing field values can thus be changed interactively or programmatically. The replacement value is user dependent, i.e. when an input field is used on a server, different users will see different sets of input field values

In input fields all field values will be treated as distinct, regardless if several have the same value.

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
sunny_talwar

I guess it wouldn't allow to make changes in the straight table itself + how would you add a new comment using a list box? What about may be adding it through a table box object?

Capture.PNG

tresesco
MVP
MVP

QlikView is not right product for this. However, you might want to explore some alternatives like:

Re: QlikView Commenting with Dynamic Update (no extension needed)

Dynamic Update - Simple Database

and see if that helps up to some extend.

MayilVahanan

Hi Sunny,

I agree with you.

But atleast we can change the existing comments in front end by using default functionality in qlikview.

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.