Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Is it possible to set the sheet name dynamically in Qlik Sense?

Hi Guys

I'm going through a localisation exercise on our dashboards and have been able to translate most elements of the document into their local equivalent.

I understand Sheet needing to have an ID for reference programmatically but are their plans to make the title and description set by expression in future release or a work around I can use?

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

So if you are building a mash up using Qlik Sense to deliver visualisations into the overall app you can use this approach but out of the box for some reason the Sheet name and certain labels are not able to be set dynamically just as static text.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable

Did you ever make any headway with this? I'm looking for the same thing.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

Nothing as yet.  the same static labels and sheet names are present in the latest version of sense unfortunately.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Andy,

Though its not implicitly possible in qliksense, you can acheive this using an extension object for sure. Totally possible.

Thanks,

Sangram.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Adding in more info:

This is the approach in your extension:

first get the sheet id of the present sheet using the Extesnion API method, Once you have the ID read the hypercube for the title text and then use this code:

if(vSheetId = 'XYZ'){

$("#sheet-title span").text(TextFromHypercube_Sheet1);

}else if(vSheetId = 'ABC'){

$("#sheet-title span").text(TextFromHypercube_Sheet2);

}

Thanks,

Sangram.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

So if you are building a mash up using Qlik Sense to deliver visualisations into the overall app you can use this approach but out of the box for some reason the Sheet name and certain labels are not able to be set dynamically just as static text.

stascher
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I have a stupid question; in order for the above to work, you have to include an instance of the extension object on each page that you want to change, correct?

-Steve

pauljohansson
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Andy,

From version Sense November its possible for the sheet names to an expression.

br

Paul

Lucke_Hallbergson

Hi,

In Qlik Sense November 2017 Release You can set Sheet title dynamically;

sheettitle.jpg

Regards

Lucke