Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Visualization Suggestion for Customer Info

Hello All,

Let's say I have a filter that has my list of customerID or salespersonID, etc.  Associated with each of those people is some basic demographic information say Name, Age, Sex, Address etc.

01. Is there a way to restrict a filter to allow for only choosing one entry from that list at one time?

02. If so, and I wanted to display some of that basic info when said person is selected, what visualization would you suggest?

For example:

SalesID  |  FIrstName |  LastName  |  Age  |  Sex |

0001       |  Joe           |  Smith         |  40    |  M    |

0002       |  Sally         |  Jones         |  50    |  F    |

I would have a filter setup on SalesID, which is restricted to one selection at a time.

And when selected I can display something like the following either through one or multiple visuals:

Joe Smith

M

Hopefully you get the question, but please let me know if I need to clarify.

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

As far as I know there's no option yet in Qlik Sense to allow only one selection in a field. You can add calculation conditions to a chart object so that it doesn't show anything unless the calculation condition, like =getselectedcount(MyField)=1, is met.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Jason,

As Gysbert said, you cannot just allow one selection only, but that not the end as you can always achieve this by building an extension. Coming to visual selection, if you have an additional measure you can scatter plot the data with age and any other measure as the axies.

Thanks,

Sangram.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jason,

You can use a radio box extension to restrict a filter to allow for only choosing one entry at a time in QlikSense.

Here is the link for Radio box extension.

https://github.com/countnazgul/Qlik-Sense-Styled-Lists-Extension

Regards,

Rohan

Not applicable
Author

Thanks everyone for your time in answering this.  I will look into the radio box extension a little more and see about using that.  I was thinking about it a little more last night and I suppose I could just adapt a table to do what I need.  I just liked the way the built in text visual displayed, but I wanted some like that which was dynamic.  anyway, maybe in a future enhancement.  thanks again.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Jason,

Also check out the extensions on QlikBranch: Qlik Branch

Thanks,

Sangram.