Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to show and hide bar charts on a click of a particular value from a table?

hey all,

please let me know how to show and hide the bar chart on a click of particular value.

for example, i have three tables state,city and pincode and the corresponding bar charts.

My query is,

if i click on a state from state table,it should hide the state bar chart and pincode bar chart and It should show only the cities(city bar chart) related to that state. like wise,if i click on city from city table,it should show only the pincode bar chart related to the city.

can anyone help me with this?

thanks

jai.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

The Layout tab of the bar chart has a "Show Condition". Enter an appropriate condition there (e.g. State = 'TX').

Stephen

View solution in original post

6 Replies
stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

The Layout tab of the bar chart has a "Show Condition". Enter an appropriate condition there (e.g. State = 'TX').

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

Hey Stephen,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I tried using the if condition in the layout tab.

But i see it is not functioning in the way i look for. SInce I am retrieving the data from sql query table, i see the fields are working on the condition and nt the bar chart. i mean the look and feel of the chart. It is still seen on the view.

can you be more clear on the condition i use on the bar charts?

thanks once again

jai.

lucas4bi
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

You should use the "show condition" like this:

for example, if you wanna hide the States bar chart when is selected a state or a pincode, then you would write this on the State bar chart show condition: count(distinct State)<1 and count(distinct Pincode)<1.

this will hide the state bar chart if you select one or more state or one or more pincode.

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Jai,

My example was just that - an example, to show you how to approach the problem.

If I just give you the answer then you just have the answer.

Regards,

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Luca. I tried with the isnull condition. Will also check with your answer. i believe your answer help me to go further. 🙂

thanks once again.

Not applicable
Author

Hey Stephen,

:). Since i am a beginner to the Qlik view.I am confused with the conditions and properties. So i asked you for a quick start on the conditional staement.

I tried with the isnull and it seems to be a start for me on this query.

Anyway,thanks for your help to think on the layout tab. 🙂

jai.