39 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2016 4:00 PM by Maximiliano Rodriguez Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Trigger EDX Qlikview 10

Marco Spirandelli

I used to run the trigger edx function posted by bbt (http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/18961.aspx) on Qlikview 9 perfectly.

However, I can't make it work on Qlikview 10. It stops at the command

objHttp.Send strKeyRequest

I read that the services have been merged. I am connected to http://myserver:4720/qtxs.asmx.

Any help on this topic?

Regards,

Marco

• Trigger EDX Qlikview 10
          Björn Wedbratt

Hi Marco,
          Attached is a vbs file for version 10. I cannot take credit for this, it was written by a QT collegue (thanks Michael).

You could also look into the QlikView SDK on how to use the full QMS API.

Regards,
          Bjorn

Thank you for sharing this file Bjorn Wedbratt and for the detailed process thanks to Ben Thomas.

I know this sounds stupid but can you(jpengiu) tell me how can I use the QVW that you posted above? I am trying to kick off all the tasks right after our Tidal services are done with. I have managed to create the batch file to run the VBS file in turn running all the dashboards but how can this batch file be automated , I mean how can we run this batch file right after our Tidal jobs are done automatically ? Please help.

Regards,

Abha

Jeremy Fourman

Within your job scheduler (Tidal) after its task is complete it would execute your batch file.

Giuseppe Pensalfini

I'm Italian and now I'm on holiday and not in office.

I think it's possible.

If you create a window batch file like this:

File name startedx.bat

this file must contain for example:

C:\"Program Files"\QlikView\Qv.exe /NoSecurity C:\RUN_TASK_BY_EDX.qvw

in RUN_TASK_BY_EDX.qvw in Document/properties/Triggers(Eventi) OnOpen (su apertura)  you set to run the macro "RunTask".

best regards

jpengiu

Luca Marasi

Hi Jpengiu your macro is very intersting, but I have a problem, when i try to run this i received the error "invalid sintax" on send method.

I don't have publisher but only server

I have changed the parameters of http:\\ and the name of task (no password) and user and password to login on server.

Can you explain better the step to run the macro? It needs configuartion in the server?

Thank You

Giuseppe Pensalfini

This is my server security setting but I don't know if they are important for EDX.

-NTFS Authorization

-Allow macro execution on server

-Allow unsafe Macro execution

-Enable server push over http.....

url = "http://servername.serverdomain.com:4720/qtxs.asmx"   

The server url is the same of QlikView Enterprise Management Console/System/Setup/Distribution Services/General/Url

User  must be on server in group "QlikView Administrators" and "Qlikview EDX" (on Server Windows)

Luca Marasi

We have the same configuration, but in my environment the macro not run properly.

I don't understand if the error depends of parameters or method.

I try to run the macro from my client with Qlikview desktop

• Re: Trigger EDX Qlikview 10
                                  Logesh Jayaraman

Hi Jpengiu,

Thanks for your  EDX code it was really useful

i have used your EDX, it was running the task. But the problem is i have some set variables in the script those variable values are not getting set when i am running your script.

Also another thing is i want to user should wait till the task execution completes. As of now user can just click ok and play around the screen with the recent data. And i am not sure for me i am getting warning mesage.

It would be really helpful if you were able to help me why the Set variables are not storing the values.

Telmo Duarte

Hi all,

In Publisher 8.5 we could trigger the jobs with EDX and just calling a URL:

http://myserver/ControlPanel/Job/RequestEDX.aspx?JobIdOrJobName=myjob&QueueIfRunning=True&RedirectUrl=&EdxPassword=

Is this method also possible in QV10?

Thanks.

Jerry Somsen

No.  That call is no longer possible in QV10.

Hello,

I also have a requirement where I have to reload the document via EDX.I embedded the script in the button click.

But on cllicking the button, nothing happens...

These are the variables.

url = "localhost:4780/qtxs.asmx"  

doc = "RN60-ConsolidatedCostofProgrammingReport.qvw"                      

userID = "subexworld.org\optima.test"                  

pass = "rocpsgvtdice123"  

It doesn't even give me the 'Are you sure' prompt.

My access point is IE....qllikview version is 9.00 SR7

Thanks,

Anju

Logesh Jayaraman

Hi Anju,

Are you getting any error messages?.

Hi brindlogcool,

Thanks for replying. No, I am not getting any error.

But, is it possible to achieve it without edx?....I had a read a post on using control file that was scheduled to reload..Any workaround?

-Anju

Logesh Jayaraman

I have been using EDX in version 10. And there is so much change in the way the EDX works between version 9,10,11. It would be easier if possible you can upload your files . There are experts in the community they can help you out.

Hi,

This is the edx macro..

'*****************************************************************************************

'*

'*  R E L O A D     E D X

'*

'*****************************************************************************************

Sub RunTask

tp = MsgBox("Are you sure?", 1)

if tp=2 then

exit sub

end if

CONST SUCCESS                   = 0   

CONST TASKNOTFOUND              = 1

CONST TASKISALREADYRUNNING      = 2

CONST NOEDXTRIGGERFOUND         = 3

CONST OTHERERROR                = 9

CONST WAITING                   = 0   

CONST RUNNING                   = 90   

CONST FINISHEDWITHWARNINGS      = 91

CONST FINISHEDWITHERRORS        = 92

dim xmlHttp

set xmlHttp = CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")

set xml = createobject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")

set xmlObj = createobject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")

'***********************************************************************

' This ROWS must be modified

url = "http://localhost:4780/qtxs.asmx"   

doc = "reloadvictim.qvw"                      

userID = "optima.test"                  

pass = "rocpsgvtdice123"                                     

ITERATIONS=10000

DELAY=30

METHOD = "<Global method=""RequestEDX"" key=""" & GetTimeLimitedRequestKey(url, doc, userID, pass) &  """>"

METHOD = METHOD & "<i_TaskIDOrTaskName>" & doc & "</i_TaskIDOrTaskName>"

METHOD = METHOD & "<i_Password>" & pass & "</i_Password>"

METHOD = METHOD & "<i_VariableName>vCond</i_VariableName><i_VariableValueList><string>1</string></i_VariableValueList>"

METHOD = METHOD & "</Global>"

DIM AsAt

AsAt = Now()

' Submit request to the QDS via HTTP

xmlHttp.open "POST",url,false, userID, pass

xmlHttp.setRequestHeader "Content-Type","text/xml"

xmlHttp.setRequestHeader "Content-Length", Len(METHOD)

xmlHttp.Send METHOD

select case xmlHttp.Status

case 200:

' Load the Response into an XML object

xml.async = false

xml.loadXML(xmlHttp.responseText)

' Parse the XML Response extracting Status, Log, etc

TaskStartResult = ""

set xmlObj = xml.SelectNodes("//RequestEDX/RequestEDXResult/*")

for node = 0 to (xmlObj.length -1)

select case xmlObj.item(node).nodeName

case "TaskStartResult":

TaskStartResult = xmlObj.item(node).text

select case TaskStartResult

case "Success":

TaskStartResultCode = SUCCESS

case "TaskNotFound":

TaskStartResultCode = TASKNOTFOUND

case "TaskIsAlreadyRunning":

TaskStartResultCode = TASKISALREADYRUNNING

case "NoEDXTriggerFound":

TaskStartResultCode = NOEDXTRIGGERFOUND

case "OtherError":

TaskStartResultCode = OTHERERROR

case else

end select 'TaskStartResult

RC = TaskStartResultCode

case "TaskStartResultCode":

select case xmlObj.item(node).text

case "0":

TaskStartResultCode = SUCCESS

case "1":

TaskStartResultCode = TASKNOTFOUND

case "2":

TaskStartResultCode = TASKISALREADYRUNNING

case "3":

TaskStartResultCode = NOEDXTRIGGERFOUND

case "9":

case else

end select 'TaskStartResultCode

RC = TaskStartResultCode

case "Log":

Message = Split( xmlObj.item(node).text, chr(9))

end select 'nodeName

next 'iteration

case 401:

msgbox "ERROR: The credentials for QDS (" & url & ") are incorrect."

exit sub

case 403:

msgbox "ERROR: User is not authorised to request EDX tasks."

exit sub

case 404:

msgbox "ERROR: The URL for QDS (" & url & ") is incorrect."

exit sub

case 503:

msgbox "ERROR: The QDS (" & url& ") is unavailable."

exit sub

case 12029:

msgbox "ERROR: The QDS (" & url & ") is not accessible."

exit sub

case else

msgbox "ERROR: An error (" & xmlHttp.Status & ") occurred trying to access the QDS."

end select 'xmlHttp

'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

'- GetTaskStatus

i = 0

Finished = False

WAIT = true

do while (TaskStartResultCode = SUCCESS) AND (WAIT = True) AND (i < ITERATIONS) AND Finished=False

'    sleep( DELAY * 1000)

METHOD = "<Global method=""GetTaskStatus"" key=""" & GetTimeLimitedRequestKey(url, doc, userID, pass) &  """>"

METHOD = METHOD & "<TaskNameOrId>" & doc & "</TaskNameOrId>"

METHOD = METHOD & "</Global>"

AsAt = Now()

' Submit request to the QDS via HTTP

xmlHttp.open "POST",url,false, userID, pass

xmlHttp.Send METHOD

'

case 200:

xml.async = false

set xmlObj = xml.SelectNodes("//GetTaskStatus/GetTaskStatusResult/TaskStatus/*")

select case xmlObj.item(node).nodeName

case "Status":

GetTaskStatus = xmlObj.item(node).text

select case GetTaskStatus

case "Waiting":

Finished = True

RC = WAITING

Msgbox AsAt & chr(9) & "[Waiting.........]"

case "Running":

Finished = False

RC = RUNNING

Msgbox AsAt & chr(9) & "[Waiting.........]"

case "FinishedWithWarnings":

Finished = True

RC = FINISHEDWITHWARNINGS

Msgbox AsAt & chr(9) & "[" & GetTaskStatus & "]"

case "FinishedWithErrors":

Finished = True

RC = FINISHEDWITHERRORS

Msgbox AsAt & chr(9) & "[" & GetTaskStatus & "]"

case else

Finished = True

RC = OTHERERROR

Msgbox AsAt & chr(9) & "[Errore!]"

end select

case "LastLogMsg":

LastLogMsg = xmlObj.item(node).text

if ShowMessages = True then

Msgbox " "

Msgbox LastLogMsg

Msgbox " "

end if

end select 'nodeName

next 'node

case 401:

Msgbox "ERROR: The credentials for QDS (" & url & ") are incorrect."

exit sub

case 403:

Msgbox "ERROR: User is not authorised to Get Task Status....."

exit sub

case 404:

Msgbox "ERROR: The URL for QDS (" & url & ") is incorrect."

exit sub

case 503:

Msgbox "ERROR: The QDS (" & url & ") is unavailable."

exit sub

case 12029:

Msgbox "ERROR: The QDS (" & url & ") is not accessible."

exit sub

case else

Msgbox "ERROR: An error (" & xmlHttp.Status & ") occurred trying to access the QDS."

exit sub

end select

i = i + 1

Loop

xmlObj  = null

xml     = null

xmlHttp = null

end sub

'- GetTimeLimitedRequestKey

Function GetTimeLimitedRequestKey(dsURL, document, userID, password)    

set xmlHttp = CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")

set xml = createobject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")

set xmlObj = createobject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")

DIM METHOD '

METHOD ="<Global method=""GetTimeLimitedRequestKey"" />"

xmlHttp.open "POST",dsURL,false, userID, password

xmlHttp.Send METHOD

case 200:

xml.async = false

set xmlObj = xml.SelectNodes("//GetTimeLimitedRequestKey")

if xmlObj.item(node).nodeName = "GetTimeLimitedRequestKey" then

GetTimeLimitedRequestKey = xmlObj.item(node).text

end if

next 'node

case 401:

msgbox "ERROR: The credentials for QDS (" & dsURL & ") are incorrect."

exit function

case 403:

msgbox  "ERROR: User is not authorised to interact with QDS."

exit function

case 404:

msgbox "ERROR: The URL for QDS (" & dsURL & ") is incorrect."

exit function

case 503:

msgbox  "ERROR: The QDS (" & dsURL & ") is unavailable."

exit function

case 12029:

msgbox  "ERROR: The QDS (" & dsURL & ") is not accessible."

exit function

case else

msgbox  "ERROR: An error (" & xmlHttp.Status & ") occurred trying to access the QDS."

end select

End Function

Sub Rld

Call RunTask

End Sub

The username optima.test is present in 'QlikView Administrators'. I also manually create a group 'QlikView EDX' and added the user to it.

The link http://localhost:4820/qtxs.asmx

displays'Internet explorer cannot display the webpage'

-Anju

Alex Xie

Hi,

' This ROWS must be modified

url = "http://localhost:4780/qtxs.asmx"  

doc = "reloadvictim.qvw"                     

userID = "optima.test"                 

pass = "rocpsgvtdice123"                                    

Question 1: url: How can I get the correct url information?

Question 2: userID: is the domain user?

Question 3:

will pop up the error message when I click the reload button.

ERROR: The QDS(http://xxxx:4780/qtxs.asmx) is unavailable.

Irene Bagnoli

Hi Anju,

I was looking at the code you published above.

I'm actually looking for a way to read the status of a task in QEMC and then (eventually) start a reload.

I think the code above could be useful for my purpose, but I need to ask you a question...

what GetTimeLimitedRequestKey stands for? what's the role of this key?

Thank you so much

IB

Hello Gurus,

Urgent help required.

I am working on triggerring the QMC tasks in batch(based on ETL Load completion) instead of scheduling/time trigger in QMC. The idea is to reduce the load on QMC and overcome the limitation  of n number of simultaneous tasks in QMC. I tried the /r or /l option but it is doing a plain reload on the Client(In a new window) than on the Server. I want to remove the scheduling from QMC, but want to monitor those tasks in QMC. In other words, the existing waterfall QMC tasks are to be triggered from windows bat program based on ETL Load completion so that the QMC schedules can be removed, but still the tasks should be able to be monitored in QMC.

Thanks

BJ

Maximiliano Rodriguez

Good afternoon,

Someone could guide me as I can the name of my URL for the QDS.

Because I want to complete the next line and it gives me error

Url = "server: 4720 / qtxs.asmx"

Greetings.