Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Website integration

Hello,

I was looking for a way to integrate a mashup to my website. Can someone guide me please ?

Do I have to buy a license for this job ? if yes, what type of license ?

I need some directions.

All the best,

Ludwig

19 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I need to know just 1 thing. Which QlikSense product(s) do I need to integrate charts in my website ?

I don't want to know how, I'll figure it out by myself.

Is there someone here passed through this ?

Thanks!

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

You should get in contact with Qlik or a Qlik Partner in order to get the right information for what you're trying to achieve.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Daniel, I called Qlik representative in Dubai. The response was very odd:

"We guarantee your request can be achieved but to tell you how, either I must buy 5 enterprise edition licenses or ask for support from the community."

So I'm here, hopefully someone, and there must be someone, already achieved the integration.

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hey Ludwig, all of our products will be able to integrate charts/other assets into external websites. The major differences comes down to licensing and audience.

Qlik Sense Enterprise (QES)
Licensed on a per-user basis, either anonymous or named users.
Full access to the self-service client and the APIs.

Qlik Analytics Platform (QAP)

Licensed on a CPU core basis, supports both anonymous and named users BUT they would have to be external to your organization.
No access to the self-service client (/hub), you can still build your app (loadscript, sheets and charts) in for example Desktop or QES and import the app into your QAP edition server. Full access to all APIs.

So if you have a predictable amount of users, the need to use our self-service client and looking for a internal deployment also then QES is probably the way to go.
If you only intend to deploy a solution on the web, either with anonymous or named users, and the user number can be massive or un-predictable then QAP is probably the way to go.

You can of course get QES for internal use and QAP for external use if you wish but they can't co-exist in the same cluster.

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Ludwig,

If you want to integrate Qlik Sense Charts into a website you can go different ways.

- If it's public data you could use Qlik Sense Charts, that is part of the free Qlik Cloud option. Embedding Qlik Sense Charts into a website - YouTube

- If it's private information and you want to share it in a private website with users internal to your organization you would have to buy Qlik Sense Enterprise Tokens, procure a server and install Qlik Sense on it. More details on licensing here http://www.qlik.com/pricing

- If it's private information, you have many potential users and they are external to your organization you can also buy and install Qlik Analytics Platform, that will allow you to integrate charts into your website and is licensed by core.

I hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Alex,

Only me 1 user will have access to create charts, then embed the charts in different website using the iframe method.

I only need 1 QES license ?

Thanks

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hey Ludwig,

No, every user that access Qlik content would need a license.

If you just want to distribute static charts then maybe https://github.com/mindspank/chartcacher‌ can be an option for you as it won't consume tokens.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Alex, I appreciate your support here.

The Github module is for static charts, not interactive.

So as I understand, I cannot use Qlik products to publish charts on a public website ? if a visitor on my website wanted to see a chart he have to login as a user ?

Let me show you a page I created on WordPress.

I used the iframe method to source an "interactive chart", I just need to create something like this test – Ludwig Arcache

Again, I'm not asking how. I just want to know what Qlik product(s) I should use. Apparently there is too much Qlik products, licenses and modules, which confuses me how I should go.

and again thanks.

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hey Ludwig,

As I said above we only really have two products and based on what you are describing QAP (Qlik Analytics Platform) would be a good option. It's licensed per CPU core basis and not on a user basis and is used for external deployments. For example, publishing data and charts to a unknown large number of people on the web.

So, when I say interactive I mean multiple charts or listboxes that all update on selections.
Having just a single chart on a page is pretty much static and you could use the module above or Qlik Cloud do something like that

MustafaMohamed
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi 

Can I integrate another qlik sense backend with an external website ?

I used the <Iframe> scenario but I'm not able to add the interactions to it .

My Question . 

Can I have something similar to Iframe with  full Qlik sense functionality ?