Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to create a new date check status?

All,

I am using QlikSense and I want to create Status 2.

It involves searching the same table to see if there was a status check done before the current status check.

If there was not a previous status check in the same table, I would update the Status 2 field as 'No Check Performed'

Account IDStatusDateStatus 2Notes
1234535 Day Expired3/1/201635 Day ExpiredIf account status = '35 day expired', and the account has a prior status check, then keep Status 2 keeps value of '35 day expired'
12345Conditional Approval2/10/2016Conditional ApprovalIf status does not equal "expired", then Status 2 keeps same value as Status
6897435 Day Expired3/1/2016No Check PerformedIf account status = expired, and the account did not have another status check, then Status 2 becomes 'No Check Performed'

Thanks for your help.

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe like

LOAD

[Account ID],

[Status],

[Date],

[Account ID] as [AccountIDCheck],

If( Status <> '35 Day Expired', Status, If(Exists([AccountIDCheck,[Account ID]), Status, 'No Check Performed')) as Status2

RESIDENT YourTable

ORDER BY Date;

DROP FIELD AccountIDCheck;

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. I think I forgot to clarify that we are looking for

if Status = '35 Day Expired', see if there were any other Status that existed before for that Account ID.

Basically I want to separate the Account IDs that only had 1 '35 Day expired' status from the population by labeling them ' No Check Performed'

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe I am still misunderstanding your request, but I think these two lines should do what you want:

[Account ID] as [AccountIDCheck],

If( Status <> '35 Day Expired', Status, If(Exists([AccountIDCheck,[Account ID]), Status, 'No Check Performed')) as Status2

Have you tried with your data? If it doesn't work for your, could you upload some sample records and your expected result?