Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

why Pick() & match() can optimize better then IF ?

Hi All

From below post i have realise the above benefit of pick & match. Can some one share with me why ?

How can i avoid If in my expression in case i need to make the eXP chart show in +ve ?

1 Solution
8 Replies
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi Paul,

If condition will check one by condition checking, then it will execute the expression / value.

But, Pick function, directly goto the 'N' th Expression / Value.

suppose, if the 'N' value is 3,

if condition would be

if(N=1, 'One', if (N=2,'Two', if (N=3,'Three','> 3')))   => This one execute one by one..

But, if we use Pick.

Pick(N,'One','Two',Three')  =>  This will directly goto the third option..

You can see it here too

DailyQV: Using Pick and Match functions for Multiple ifs

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

nice explanation bro

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi All

Thank you for give me so many link , i found some of the link very interesting. I think pick & match will be able to value a lot more to those people like me who have try IF like me and encounter problem.

Paul

avinashelite

Yes Paulyeo11

It all depends on the type of requirement and the amount of data that you need to handle ....with small data set you won't see much of the difference

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

I move this to top .as i encounter issue on this.

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Avinash

Now i finally understand what you said above . about if the data is small , it will not be affected on the report.

How to make Pivot table with Pick(Match compute faster for amount with -ve and +ve value ?

I have posted the above , and finally some one suggest to me , don't use Pick(Match and now my QV run very fast.

Any way this is good learning and it help me a lot,

Thank you once again for your sharing.

Paul