Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arulsettu
Master III
Master III

cyclic dimension giving null values

Hi,

i am trying to show top 10 values based on rank function. in qlik sense there is no cyclic group. so i followed this doc

Makes Sense to go round in circles

my expression is like this

if(vLossratio=1,COUNT({<LR_BW_MAKE_DESC = {"=Rank(COUNT({1<BW_FM_DT_YEAR = {'$(=Max(BW_FM_DT_YEAR))'}>}LR_BW_VEH_ID))<=10"}, BW_FM_DT_YEAR = {'$(=Max(BW_FM_DT_YEAR))'}>}LR_BW_VEH_ID),

if(vLossratio=2 ,COUNT({<LR_BW_MODEL_DESC = {"=Rank(COUNT({1<BW_FM_DT_YEAR = {'$(=Max(BW_FM_DT_YEAR))'}>}LR_BW_VEH_ID))<=10"}, BW_FM_DT_YEAR = {'$(=Max(BW_FM_DT_YEAR))'}>}LR_BW_VEH_ID),

if(vLossratio=3 ,COUNT({<LR_BW_USAGE_DESC = {"=Rank(COUNT({1<BW_FM_DT_YEAR = {'$(=Max(BW_FM_DT_YEAR))'}>}LR_BW_VEH_ID))<=10"}, BW_FM_DT_YEAR = {'$(=Max(BW_FM_DT_YEAR))'}>}LR_BW_VEH_ID))))

but it showing null values too. same expression working fine in qlikview.

can anyone suggest some idea on this

Thank you

9 Replies
sasikanth
Master
Master

HI,

un check the option show null values in object properties

arulsettu
Master III
Master III
Author

i tried that also but no use

arulsettu
Master III
Master III
Author

here is the sample app. some one suggest some idea

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Arul,

With Qliksense 2.2 you have alternate dimensions which will help you swap dimensions. Did you try that? If so its worth giving a try as it would ease what you are trying to achieve.

Thanks,

Sangram.

arulsettu
Master III
Master III
Author

Hi reddy,

i thought the same thing i am having 2.2 only. but it is available in straight table?

arulsettu
Master III
Master III
Author

can someone tell me why it showing NULL values

arulsettu
Master III
Master III
Author

even i changed the expression

If(Rank(count({<BW_FM_DT_YEAR={$(=max(BW_FM_DT_YEAR))}>}LR_BW_VEH_ID)) <= 10,Count({<BW_FM_DT_YEAR={$(=max(BW_FM_DT_YEAR))}>}LR_BW_VEH_ID))

in qlikview it works perfectly but in qlik sense showing null values also

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi Arul,

try using the expression this way -

if(vLossratio=1,COUNT({<LR_BW_MAKE_DESC = {"=Rank(COUNT({1<BW_FM_DT_YEAR = {$(=Max(BW_FM_DT_YEAR))}>}LR_BW_VEH_ID))<=10"},

BW_FM_DT_YEAR = {$(=Max(BW_FM_DT_YEAR))}>}LR_BW_VEH_ID),

)

I kept only the first condition (since I have not added the variable extension) and got this result table. Then in the sort properties, pull up the 2nd column (if(VLossratio...) before the Pick(match(... ) and sort it descending.

top10.JPG

Is this what you are expecting to get?

Hope this helps.

thanks,

Ajit

karthikoffi27se
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Arul,

Try using the null value in the else part of if statement.

and then uncheck the show null value option.

Many Thanks

Karthik