Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis Question

I have the following in a text box:

=Only([Fiscal Quarter])

This displays:

Second Quarter

In a chart I have:

Sum

( {1
//< [Fiscal Year] = {$(=Only([Fiscal Year]))}, [Fiscal Quarter] = {'Second Quarter'} >
<
[Fiscal Year] = {$(=Only([Fiscal Year]))}, [Fiscal Quarter] = {$(=Only([Fiscal Quarter]))}>
}
Pounds )

If I comment the attempt to use the value selected and use the literal I get results, if I try to use the selected quarter, I get no results.

Your help is appriated,

Rick

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

There is a difference between your literally defined value and the value returned by the dollar sign expansion, quotes.

Your expression didn't paste well, but here's the important part:

...[Fiscal Quarter]={'$(=Only([Fiscal Quarter]))'}>...

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It looks fine to me on the surface. One cool trick is to not name (label) the expression. When displayed, it will show what each part of the expression evaluates to. You might have to spread the column to see the entire expression.

Not applicable
Author

There is a difference between your literally defined value and the value returned by the dollar sign expansion, quotes.

Your expression didn't paste well, but here's the important part:

...[Fiscal Quarter]={'$(=Only([Fiscal Quarter]))'}>...

Not applicable
Author

In the label =(Only([Fiscal Period]) displays "Second Quarter" (without quotes)

Not applicable
Author

In the label =(Only([Fiscal Quarter]) displays "Second Quarter" (without quotes)

Not applicable
Author

Here's what you should be looking at:

[Fiscal Quarter] = {'Second Quarter'}

There are your quotes. String values in element sets require quotes. Numeric values do not, which is why your Year field is acceptable.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you, that did it.. those pesky quotes I forgot.