Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set default selection to filter pane

Hi experts,

What is the easiest, or best practice implementation concerning setting default values to filter panes?

I am filtering a fairly simple table chart and have 10 filter panes.  I want to set a default value to two of the filters. 

Thanks,

Peter

4 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Hi,

Use the bookmark feature at the top of your app to add these default filters and then create a new bookmark giving it a useful name then save the document.

You can have as many as you like to switch to standard selections easily.

Makes Sense to go round in circles

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

If you are using a QlikSense Enterprise version: Make your selections in the filters before publishing the app and then publish it. The selections will be maintained.

Also check this link.

Apply default filter (today) on Sense application | Qlik Community

Regards,

Rohan

Not applicable
Author

Hay pctimmco

I had the same problem now solved it this way,

you can try this,

1.JPG

In the above Image you can see that I wanted to select one of the canal when the page is reload. search a lot but fond nothing but i have found a way to do this. for that you going to do the following steps.

1. javascript file add the this script to it,

app.field('canal_name').select([1], true, true);

app.field('this is the filed name you selected for filter pane').select([ this is index number you want to select by default like i want 'Shakhab' so shakhab is by default selected], true, true);

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/1.0/Subsystems/Workbench/Content/BuildingWebsites/API/Met...

2.JPG

Add this line of code " app.field('canal_name').select([1], true, true); " to javascript file like in above image.

3.JPG

Now when ever I reload the page the it select a the zxy canal by default.

Not applicable
Author

app.field(fld).selectValues([5], true, true);

app.field(fld).selectValues(["Andersson"], true, true);

app.field('name').selectValues(["Shakhab"], 0, true);

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/1.1/Subsystems/Workbench/Content/BuildingWebsites/API/Me...