Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arulsettu
Master III
Master III

how to avoid null values in table and chart

hi,

i am trying to do cyclic group in qlik sense. but the result giving null values. same thing i used in qlikview it works prefectly.

can any one take a look. i attached the sample here

thanks

15 Replies
quriouss
Creator III
Creator III

I'm not sure what we're meant to be looking at here - I can't see any nulls in the column of values (but I can see numbers and a 'zero' there as well).

What would I have to select to see nulls?  Maybe you can send a screenshot with some highlighted errors?

arulsettu
Master III
Master III
Author

the expression is written for to show to 10 values. it works perfectly in qlikview. but in qlik sense it bringing nulls. i dont get any error

arulsettu
Master III
Master III
Author

for example Year value is not showing like 2014 and 2015. it showing both year together...

quriouss
Creator III
Creator III

A-ha, I see the problem now (one of the columns was hidden due to the length of the title, so I missed it).

If you always want to show the top 10, you can do it with the limitation on the column;

Qlik Top 10.png

arulsettu
Master III
Master III
Author

top 10 is not based on the dimension it based on other filed. so i am doing this through expression using Rank function

quriouss
Creator III
Creator III

Yes, but you're showing the Top 10 of the dimension according to the chosen measure.

E.g. "Top 10 cities by Population" - you choose the "Top 10 cities" and then choose the column called "Population".

It will automatically select the first column of measures - I'm not sure if that behaviour is changeable.